Florence Rizzo McQuade

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
patty013

Florence Rizzo McQuade

Post by patty013 »

I am trying to find where my aunt is buried. I believe it to be somewhere on Long Island but don't know enough to track her down myself. She passed away sometime in the late 1950's and I was just a kid at the time. I know she was buried out on Long Island, at least that's what I was told...but to this day I do not even know if a headstone was provided for her. Can anyone here help or guide me as to what path I need to pursue to try to find her? Thank you.

Aunt Florence was born in Old Forge, PA (I believe Floria may have been her first name Rizzo her last name and her dad's name was Lewis and I think her mom's name was Rose) she was about 65 when she passed in the late 1950's. That's all the information I have.
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Florence Rizzo McQuade

Post by Biff83 »

I located a marriage record for Florence. It shows her marriage in 1926 to a Tony Manella. Her age on the record is 24 which would make her birth year about 1902. Her address is in Old Forge and parents are Louis Rizzo and Rose. Her siblings' marriage records (Dominick and Antoinette) show her mother's maiden name as Fucito. Records can be accessed at the following site.

http://www.lpa-homes.org/LPA_Applications.htm

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
patty013

Post by patty013 »

Thanks so much for your reply. I have her birth and marriage information. What I'm trying to find is where she is buried. I remember my parents saying "way out on Long Island". She died in the late 1950's in New York...maybe in the Bronx. Thanks again.
MaryLou522

Post by MaryLou522 »

Dear Florence,
I have an Uncle who lived in Long Island. I suppose there are a number of funeral homes there, but my uncle was buried at the Maple Grove Cemetery in Kew Gardens, Queens in 1982.The funeral was under the direction of Cassese Funeral Home, Inc. at 101-07 101st Ave. Ozone Park, NY. Perhaps if you called the funeral home they could get you pointed in the right direction.
I know the cemetery where my grandmother was buried in Portland, Maine, but they didn't keep records back then. When I contacted the cemetery, the person I spoke with was very helpful. Among other things, she suggested contacting the Catholic Churches in the area where I was able to find some helpful information. I had a headstone made recently for my grandfather's grave and added my grandmother's name.
Good luck.
Yours,
Mary Lou
patty013

Post by patty013 »

There has to be an awful lot of funeral homes on Long Island. Surely there is a more direct way to find out where someone is buried? I don't think my aunt ever got a headstone. I'd like to get one for her. I was only a kid when she died but she was my favorite. Auntie wasn't religious and I don't remember a church ceremony for her.