Tarsia, Cosenza - records before 1866?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Tarsia, Cosenza - records before 1866?

Post by kniuhart »

Thanks to Suanj and others, I was able to find a great deal of information about ancestors from Tarsia.
Now I am wondering if there are any records online - anyplace - for records earlier than 1866 for this area? (the first search was all from the Familysearch/Italy site - for 1866-1910)
Thank you for any help...or suggestions.
kniuhart
blorelli

Re: Tarsia, Cosenza - records before 1866?

Post by blorelli »

kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

Thank you for your reply.
I did try it, but apparently Tarsia is not one of the areas included in this site. (But I tried all the "names" anyway, just in case.) I guess I will just have to wait until such time as the earlier records are put on line.
kniuhart
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You can write to the Archivio di Stato di Cosenza if you have some names and dates
The ACTS OF THE STATE CIVIL collections for the municipalities of the province of Cosenza has the second copies of the registers of birth, marriage, death from 1809 to 1865.
E-Mail: as-cs@beniculturali.it

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

Marty -
First, thank you for your reply.
And.... I can write to them by e-mail? And they could respond by e-mail?
This is just Too "modern" -- and too marvelous. (like Wow!)
Thank you so much for sharing this information.
kniuhart
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes you can write by email and they will respond and tell you if the records are available might be a charge for the records you seek sometimes with multiple records they will send them on a CD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
kniuhart
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kniuhart »

Marty -
Thank you, again, for your help! :)
This is so good to know. I am constantly amazed at the types of thing we can do today.
I shall contact them with the information I have, and, hopefully, we can work something out.
kniuhart
marelina6210

Post by marelina6210 »

Ciao io abito a Tarsia e mi occupo di emigrazione di Tarsia. Studio alcuni Cognomi e se vuoi posso aiutarti. Al comune abbiamo 'incompleti gli atti di nascita, matrimonio e morte fino al 1812. Di quali famiglie vuoi notizie?