Finding children

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
phishfood
Veteran
Veteran

Finding children

Post by phishfood »

Here in the United States we have a census to find out who the children are of parents. What does Italy have in regards to finding what children belong to a set of parents?

Kim
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Finding children

Post by VaDeb »

Italian civil records are wonder sources of inforation. In Italy women never loose their maiden names.

A birth record will give you the full name of the childs parents and the mother will be listed by her maiden name. Usually ages and occupations are also listed.

Marriage records will give names of both sets of parents and usually the ages and occupations of all living parties.

Death records will give the name and age of the deceased, the name of their spouse, listed as whether living or dead and the name of the parents of the deceased.

There are Italian cenus records, but I have not used them or looked at them. I am sure someone else will be able to give you some details as to what they contain.

Debbie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Finding children

Post by suanj »

phishfood wrote:Here in the United States we have a census to find out who the children are of parents. What does Italy have in regards to finding what children belong to a set of parents?

Kim
for know all child of parents(an father and an mother) is possible to request the Certificato storico di famiglia(family story certificate) in italian birth common.
For this request are necessary know this info:

-name husband and birthdate and birthplace
-name wife .. ditto
-year of marriage for to start the search
from search in birthregistries the common send you all children born in marriage and the birthdate...
Also is possible for you an search in Mormons microfilm (if are the microfilm of birth your ancestors )
regards, suanj