Searching Morabito - Curro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
telena

Searching Morabito - Curro

Post by telena »

I am trying to search information regarding my family. My grandfather Nicola Curro was born in Messina Italy and Teresina Morabito was from Calabria. He came to America in 1903. They had a daughter Roselina born in 1902. I know he lived in Gualtieri Sicamino Messina. He had 6 sisters I know one was Caterina and one was Roselina not sure of the others. Teresina's parents my ggrandmother's name was Domenica and she married Salvatore Morabito. Their children names Teresina, Mary, Helene, Gregory and Vincent all whom came to America in 1913. Would like to find out where to start to search about my relatives before they came to America. I know there are relatives living in Messina named Fransico Curro.

Thank you
Telena
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Searching Morabito - Curro

Post by pink67 »

Hi Telena,

the site Familysearch.org keeps online the civil registrations for Gualtieri Sicaminò town, this is a possible birth act for Nicola:

Birth act number 13 - Year 1876

Currò Nicola was born in Gualtieri Sicaminò on the day 18 march 1876, son of Filippo Currò son of the late Nicolò, age 36 and of his wife Domenica Ortolano daughter of the living Francesco, age 23

image here:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215424

if you have a birth date or parents names you can compare it...

Laura
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

hi, by ship's manifest of Teresa Morabito and daughter Teresina Curro 3 old, the last residence was Pizzo (Pizzo Calabro, Vibo Valentia province, Calabria region, IT):
First Name: Teresa
Last Name: Morabito
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: May 13, 1905
Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Antonio Lopez
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0012
joining at Nicola Currò ...

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
telena

Post by telena »

Thank you for the information. My family and I are continuing to search our grandparents as there is property that belongs to them in Gualtieri Sicamino, Messina, Italy. As I stated my grand father's name was Nicola Curro, he was married to Teresina Morabito. We are trying to find information on this property and we have an address, however, when looking the address up, it seems that the names of the streets were re-named. The address we have is Via Mancusi, Gialtieri Sicamino, Messina, Italy. Nicola Curro is the son of Filippo Curro and Domenica Ortolano. If there is any information available or sites and resources which could help us find this information we would gladly appreciate it.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Via Mancusi is no re-named... here the map:
https://maps.google.it/maps?q=via+mancu ... a=N&tab=wl
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vee7757

Post by vee7757 »

Thank you. Would you know how I can continue my search to find out more regarding the property my family owns. It's been a few years since we have had any contact, since the death of our parents,aunts and uncle. We have paperwork, but all in Italian and really dont understand any of it. Thank you again.
Telena
gjmpiano1

Post by gjmpiano1 »

I was doing research on my father Gregorio (Gregory) and saw your posting. I think I may be your cousin. The names you mention (Teresina, Helene, Mary and Vincent) were the names of my father's brothers and sisters. Philip Curro was my father's nephew. My name is Gregory Morabito. Please contact me.
Domenico1945

Post by Domenico1945 »

‎Hi Telena,
By pure chance I came across your post on the internet and I believe I am one of the Italian relatives you are looking for. I have been living for many years in via Mancusi and my name is Domenico Currò. Please contact me and we might be able to figure out the relatives we have in common.
Best regards,
Domenico.‏
telena

Post by telena »

Hi Domenico1945! I sent you a private message.

Telena
Domenico1945

Post by Domenico1945 »

Hi, Telena.
I sent you a private message in your inbox.
Ciao,
Domenico
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

:I found a Vjncenzo Morabito from a Facebook page Santa Marghertia Messina