Marriage Separation Records at the Court of Lipari, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Marriage Separation Records at the Court of Lipari, Sicily

Post by mangelini »

Hi, I found that my bisnonni had a marriage separation at the Court of Lipari, Sicily in 1926. Does anyone know how i could contact the Court of Lipari regarding these records? I thinks its called Il Tribunale di Lipari.
Grazie
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Marriage Separation Records at the Court of Lipari, Sici

Post by pink67 »

Hi,

here in Italy divorce is possible (legal) only from 1 september 1970...Are you sure it was
a marriage separation?

Laura
mangelini
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Marriage Separation Records at the Court of Lipari, Sici

Post by mangelini »

Hi Laura,
Yes I did know that divorce in Italy only came in recently. In some documents I have it states that a separation was undertaken at the court as divorce was not present at the time of 1926.
Michael Angelini
Searching Surnames: ANGELINI, TOROSANTUCCI, COPPOLA, PICONE, MATERAZZO, GENTILE, BONGIORNO, PALISI, TESORIERO, MATARAZZO, ACUNTO, CUNTO, CAPPELLI, SCAFIDI, PANCELLA, TRAVAGLIA GABRIELLI, TUMMARELLO, SIMEONE