Surname Cenci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
grannybear

Surname Cenci

Post by grannybear »

My grandfather was called Temistocle Cenci. He was born in 1897 in either Colle San Magno or Roccasseca in Frosinone. I am interested in any information on the Cenci name.In particular, I am trying to find out if my grandfather had any connection to the infamous Beatrice Cenci put to death in 1599 in Rome, for her involvement in the murder of her father.

Thanks.
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Surname Cenci

Post by brujaojos »

grannybear wrote:My grandfather was called Temistocle Cenci. He was born in 1897 in either Colle San Magno or Roccasseca in Frosinone. I am interested in any information on the Cenci name.In particular, I am trying to find out if my grandfather had any connection to the infamous Beatrice Cenci put to death in 1599 in Rome, for her involvement in the murder of her father.

Thanks.
Hi there,

Do you know when your grandfather came to the USA? Do you know where he settled? Do you have his Naturalization Papers?

Did your grandfather have a middle name or nickname? He could have came under his middle name through Ellis Island or even another port.

There is microfilm for the town of Colle San Magno. However, it only goes from 1809-1865.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... =1&last=50

If you give us more information, maybe we can help you more.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum