Giuseppa Carnesi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Giuseppa Carnesi

Post by Addamo »

Hello, I'm looking for info on Giuseppa Carnesi b. 12 Jan 1885 in Mezzojuso, Sicily. She married Gaetano Barcia May 30, 1910 in NY. She died Aug 1986. I'm interested in finding her parents and family. thank you!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Giuseppa Carnesi

Post by suanj »

Hi,
I found a Giuseppa Carnesi born in Mezzojuso on 13 Mar 1884 ( second birth act on left page, daughter of Giacomo Carnesi and Isidora Gervasi

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :184010402
but I am no sure if it is your ancestor; I cannot find the 1885 birth records in Mezzojuso.. lacking

I found also this ship's manifest, if it is the right Giuseppa:
First Name: Guiseppa
Last Name: Carnesi
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: Palermo
Date of Arrival: Oct 27, 1902
Age at Arrival: 17y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Lahn
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0022

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0022

with brother Andrea b. abt 1878; well: Andrea Carnesi born on 17 Jan 1878 in Mezzojuso was the son of Pietro Carnesi and Celeste Gesualdo... birth act:https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :184010402
Andrea made a second trip with wife:
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Andrea Carnesi
Name: Andrea Carnesi
Arrival Date: 1 Jun 1912
Birth Date: abt 1878
Birth Location: Sicily
Birth Location Other: messoinso
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Palermo
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Prinzess Irene

joining at brother Giuseppe in NY; father Pietro in Mezzojuso...
so just finding the 1885 Mezzojuso births could be possible know your Giuseppa Carnesi parent's names...

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

How did you get Giuseppa birth date
Is this the right Naturalzation record for Gaetano Barcia it has a different birth date for her Might be best to get their marriage record from NY with the parents names Certificate #11391 May 30 1910 Manhattan to get the right birth act Looks like a couple of Carnesi families using the first name Giuseppa I found another in 1887
CLICK FOR RECORD KEEP CLICKING TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

The 1885 birth records for the town seem to be missing from the online records. The records jump from the 1884 death records to the 1885 marriage publications, then 1885 acts of marriage, and then 1885 death records. So there is no way to locate the 1885 birth record online to double check the date of birth, unless those records are somewhere out of order.
Erudita
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Addamo »

Marty,
Yes, that is the correct naturalization for Giuseppa. Gaetano is her husband. I had already found that document. I'm thinking the NY marriage license will resolve the issue...
Many thanks and much appreciation to all that responded!
rmk7148

Post by rmk7148 »

My great grandmother was Giuseppa Carnesi (1850's) born in Mezzojuso to Giorgio Carnesi and Filippa Schiro. She married Paolino Sprofero and had 3-4 children who all came to NY in 1890"s. I can't seem to get much on line information on any of these ancestors but I am traveling to Mezzojuso in May and hoping to get some help and info. Any one related or have any recommendations?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage record of Paolino Sprafera and Giuseppa Carnesi
INDEX#32
1873 June 15th in the town of Mezzojuso marriage of Paolino Sprafera age 26 farmer born and resides in Mezzojuso son of Nicolo Sprafera and Maria Bonanno married Giuseppa Carnesi age 19 born and resides in Mezzojuso daughter of Giorgio Carnesi and Filippa Schiro

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2051639

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty