Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vjean2

Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames

Post by vjean2 »

Looking for connection of Paintina and Dolce prior to 1853. also researching the following surnames Lima, David, Lipuma, Farella and Ilarda all from the city of Polizzi Generosa.
I have transcribed many birth, death and Marriage record indicies from FHC films all from Polizzi Generosa, if anyone this will help anyone.
kingmullen

Re: Polizzi Generosa, Sicily surnames Pantina-Dolce surnames

Post by kingmullen »

Funny but my Paternal Grandfather Salvatore Dolce was from Caccamo Sicily and my Mom's mother Natalie Colluzzi was from Polizzi Generosa. Come up with any Abate or Coluzzio's in Polizzi Generosa or any Dolce's in Caccamo?
tks
PaTricia Dolce Taylor
bvbellomo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by bvbellomo »

I have Dolce, Lima and David ancestors from Polizzi Generosa. Feel free to contact me if you think we are related.
DSweet

Post by DSweet »

In response to the post of Patricia Dolce Taylor: My great uncle (my father's uncle) was also Salvatore Dolce born in Cacammo, Sicily. They called him Sam. He had blue eyes and emigrated to the US as a boy around 1905. He arrived in NYC, I believe, and later lived in Lyndhurst, NJ. I can check the ship manifest for details. Can this be the same Salvatore Dolce as your great grandfather? Or perhaps a relative.....?
DSweet

Post by DSweet »

Correction to my recent post: I checked the ship manifest, and my great uncle, Salvatore Dolce, came to the US (NY then to Plainfield, NJ) in 1920 at the age of 17. My grandfather, Gervasi Dolce (aka Guiseppe), brother of Salvatore arrived in 1905. Another brother, John, came to the US around 1960. Their brothers who continued to reside in Cacammo, Sicily, included Pido, and Father Alessio, a Capuchin monk. If you Patricia Dolce Taylor, or anyone else are think you may be related, let me know. I will be working family tree and appreciate any help! Thanks!