Maitino family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rachellynn1028

Maitino family

Post by rachellynn1028 »

New here, i'm looking for any information on the maitino family. primarly because i was contacted by a person in argentina with the maitino last name asking if i had information and if i new if we were related. i live in the united states and we both have told eachother that our past ancestors immigrated to where we are now from italy.from isernia and other places. if anyone has any information on the maitino history that could help it would be very appriciated. I'm on ancestry.com through my grandmas friend and found my aunts family tree but none of the names the person i'm talking to from argentina gave me were on there. but there were also names listed as private that could be that one ancestor linking us together. We are both under 18 so it's very difficult trying to find information. thank you! -Rachel
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Maitino family

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website It looks like the surname Maitano is possible from the towns of Carpinone or Frosolone Isernia would have to have some names and dates and where your family settled in the US to find out

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rachellynn1028

Post by rachellynn1028 »

thank you very much!!
- rachel
joetucciarone
Elite
Elite

Post by joetucciarone »

I concur with Marty that Isernia is a good place for you to look. A few days ago, I was scanning a microfilm on the births in Isernia (at a Latter Day Saints library) and I saw a number of Maitino births. I didn't write any of them down since I wasn't researching them, but I did see that name.

Joe