Isolino and Amorosi Families from Campobasso

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CaliforniaPeach

Isolino and Amorosi Families from Campobasso

Post by CaliforniaPeach »

]Antonio Amorosi born in or near Castelbottaccio, Campobasso c.1856-1912 Immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1899, then back to Campobasso. Moved to Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1912 and died there the same year. Survived there by sons Clodomiro Amorosi and Raphael Amorosi. His wife was Carmella (Julia) Niro born in Castelbottaccio (CB)- molise- italia, about 1878 and died there in 1941. They also had 5 daughters, Elvira, Maria, Cremia, Teresa, and Prisca. All except Cremia, who died in childbirth, moved to Buenos Aires Argentina by the 1950's.

My grandmother Teresa Amorosi born 30 March 1911 in Campobasso married Arnaldo Isolino of Lupara, Molise.
CaliforniaPeach

Re: Isolino and Amorosi Families from Campobasso

Any info on the Isolino or Amorosi family would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Gabby

Post by Gabby »

Hi! Im Gabriela Racca. Im Clodomiro Amorosi' s grand daughter. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. My mum, Elida Beatriz Amorosi - Clodomiro' s daughter- also lives here.
I gather you must be one of Cledo's sons. We met in Argentina when we were kids.
I started to learn Italian three weeks ago. I had to find information about my grandfather's birthdplace and I came across this message.
Id love to keep in touch. My email address is gabypracca@yahoo.com.ar
gabby
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Antonio Amorosi and Carmella Giulia Niro
INDEX# 2
1893 Feb 12 in the town of Castelbottaccio marriage of Antonio Amorosi age 37 sculptor born in Asinalunga ,province of Siena parents ignoto married Giulia Carmela Niro age 16 farmer daughter of Antonio Niro and Maria Giuesppa Vannelli
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 7.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
CaliforniaPeach

Thank you so much, Marty! This is a huge find for our family tree! Do you by chance have access to information on Arnaldo Antonio Isolino, Birth 22 Sept 1903 in Lupara, Molise, Italy? He was my grandfather. Fought in WW2 and was in Ethiopia for many years during the war. He married 1930
Age: 27 Campobasso, Molise, Italy to Cremia Amorosi, she died during childbirth, and he married Teresa Amorosi in 1931. (my grandmother), daughter of Antonio Amorosi and Giulia Carmela Niro. I believe Arnaldo Antonio Isolino's mother was Ursula Venditelli, probably of Lupara, Molise, Italy. She had a brother who was quite a character in town, Guiseppe "Pepino" Venditelli, born circa 1870. Thanks so much!!!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Antonio Isolino of Lupara INDEX#4 1903 Sept 22nd who married Cremia Amorosi Oct 3rd 1929 and Teresa Amorosi Jan 28th 1931 in the town of Castelbottaccio he was a foundling his birthmother left a red hairpin and a handkerchief with the baby the possibility to identify her as the birth mother at a later time
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 2.jpg.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
CaliforniaPeach

Dear Marty,

I went back and just reread your last reply. I just noticed that you stated that Antonio was a "foundling".Does that mean he was abandoned by his birth mother and raised by someone else? Do we know the name of either mother? or other family? Wow, I never knew that about my grandfather!
thank you! :)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes he was a foundling you would have to check the his marriage records to see if he was recognized by his parents by that time You would have to send for that info..

Marty

Marty