Cusimano Family In Castelbuono, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Cusimano Family In Castelbuono, Sicily

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:Thank you very much for all this. I've never had the time to properly use the indexes on the family search site. Does the page number in the indexes mean you only have to look at that one page for a name? And then go to the proper page in that book? Is that how you use it? Do the page numbers match the actual pages of the book?
IF you haven't join familysearch.org its free and safe
Go to the year you are searching for in the index ( THE YEAR INDEX IS AT THE END OF THE YEAR IN CASTELBUONO) Go to the surname you are searching for the last name is first. Look for the first name there will be a number next to it there are usually 3 births per screen on the record pages look up that number you found in the index that will be your birth act index number
If you need translation help just post the page link and name on here

PG LINK FOR CASTELBUONO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D1947613

MARKED BIRTH RECORD CLICK FOR IMAGE

Glad to help

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

When you look at these, are you having to go through every page to find someone, or is there an index of names at the end that just tells you what page to go to?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

This the 1877 index Image 2968 of 3111 the number is 67 for Cusimano Tommaso its circled
CLICK FOR INDEX

Birth record of Tommaso Nati 1863-1878 Image 2844 of 3111

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n476749651

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I found some indexes in the "Indici decennali" sections. Do I need to look towards the end of every other index, or is there an easy way to know exactly where an index might be?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Indici decennali is a bunch of year indexes together you have to go back to the birth year you are searching for to find the person you are looking for and all the years are not there
The indexes I gave you are at the end of every Nati (birth year)so you are in the same year you are researching
Let say you are researching Nati years 1879-1896 Go to the year 1879 index on page 150 of 3177 find your name and number from the index. The 1879 nati (births are from pages 0-150 You know there are 3 births per screen page do the math do find the right birth

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I don't suppose there are 150 pages for every year, are there? It would certainly make finding the indexes alot easier. Or is there something in the microfilm that says how many people show up for every year? This same pattern would apply to any other italian records, right? What about other country records? Would they all have indexes like this?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Every Italian town is different some registry have no index so you have to look through every page per year to research Every country is different some have indexes some don't you are lucky with Castelbuono

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could you please translate the documents for Rosa Cusimano and Vincenzo Cusimano from the beginning of this topic? I know it wasn't done for the marriage ones. I'm not sure about their birth certificates.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:Could you please translate the documents for Rosa Cusimano and Vincenzo Cusimano from the beginning of this topic? I know it wasn't done for the marriage ones. I'm not sure about their birth certificates.
These are the extracts from the allegati you can go back and get the original by going through the Castelbuono registry years 1877 Vincenzo INDEX#103 Rosa 1882 index#287

Birth of Vincenzo Cusimano
1877 June 1st in the town of Castelbuono in house on via Conceria#11 birth of Vincenzo Cusimano son of Giuseppe Cusimano age 63 farmer and his legal wife Anna Coco
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Birth of Rosa Cusimano
1882 Sept 3rd thetown of Castelbuono in house on via Sant'Anna #17 brth of Rosa Cusimano daughter of Luigi Cusimano and Vincenza Castiglia delivered by midwife Maria Giuseppa Coschera
CLICK FOR RECORD CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! Do you think there would be any records for Giuseppe Cusimano and Anna Coco, Vincenzo Cusimano's parents? Vincenzo and Rosa were said to be first cousins. Giuseppe's apparent birthdate would seem to make that impossible. It makes me wonder exactly what the relationship is.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:Thank you! Do you think there would be any records for Giuseppe Cusimano and Anna Coco, Vincenzo Cusimano's parents? Vincenzo and Rosa were said to be first cousins. Giuseppe's apparent birthdate would seem to make that impossible. It makes me wonder exactly what the relationship is.
Could be some death records online that would give their parents names

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

In case anyone here is researching the Nati birth records for Castelbuono, for 1879, the records start on page 10 and the index begins on page 150. Page 156 is the start of the records for 1880. I haven't gone to the index there yet. For the 1878 births, the records start on page 2974 while the index starts on page 3104. These are in two separate microfilm documents. Just thought I would make it slightly easier for someone to check these years, since there's the explanation above about how to search in those documents.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could you please check for these records if you have time and also translate them?

These are all marriage records mentioned earlier in this topic:

Santi Cusimano - January 22, 1921 marriage to Antonio LoRe, #8 in registry.

Eleonora Cusimano - April 5, 1913 marriage to Tommaso Cusimano, Index #27

Rosalia Alaimo - February 1, 1919 marriage to Tommaso Cusimano

Also, I am looking for a marriage record for Anna Maria Cusimano, to Giachino or Gioacchino Failla, who was born in 1884. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when the marriage itself would have taken place. She was a sister of the other Cusimano women here. Come to think of it, I don't know when she was born yet.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Anna Maria Failla may have been born about 1889 and died about 1985. I think Gioacchino Failla may have died in 1963. I don't have access to Ancestry.com's documents. I heard about Gioacchino's death in 1963 from his granddaughter. I saw a link to a find a grave record for Gioacchino Failla at Saint Marys of the Lake Cenetery in Lakewood, Ocean County, New Jersey along with a link for an Anna Maria Failla. The creator of his record has the birth year wrong, though. There is also a listing for Diego Failla (1919 to 1993) and Josephine Failla (1917 to 2007), but I don't have any clue as to whether or not they're related just because they are buried in the same cemetery.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could someone please post the second page of this passenger list? I thought I had it already, but it turned out I only got the first page of it. Thank you so much!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.