Guerra Ancestory

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
leej

Guerra Ancestory

Post by leej »

I would like help to determine if the following information is correct. I received this information thru e-mails from a researcher but they neglected to provide any reference to specific documents. I have only been able to verify my grandfathers birth (Nicola Guerra 1855 Fossombrone) so this information is critical in tracing back the Guerra line. I have been told that the civil records are not available prior to 1865.

Luigi Guerra B. abt 1777 married Angela Agudi B. abt 1777 in Fossombrone. They had at least 2 children; Raffaele, B. abt 1807 D. 4 Apr 1871 and Ermengilda, B. abt 1817 D. 21 Apr 1883 in Foissombrone. Raffaele married Vittoria Pacini/Paccini 18?? in Fossombrone??. When Raffele died in 1871 he is survived by his "wife and children". Vittoria Pacini/Pacciniwas born in Sorbolongo, a hamlet dependent on the town of Sant'Ippolito Lee
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Guerra Ancestory

Post by Tessa78 »

leej wrote:I would like help to determine if the following information is correct. I received this information thru e-mails from a researcher but they neglected to provide any reference to specific documents. I have only been able to verify my grandfathers birth (Nicola Guerra 1855 Fossombrone) so this information is critical in tracing back the Guerra line. I have been told that the civil records are not available prior to 1865.

Luigi Guerra B. abt 1777 married Angela Agudi B. abt 1777 in Fossombrone. They had at least 2 children; Raffaele, B. abt 1807 D. 4 Apr 1871 and Ermengilda, B. abt 1817 D. 21 Apr 1883 in Foissombrone. Raffaele married Vittoria Pacini/Paccini 18?? in Fossombrone??. When Raffele died in 1871 he is survived by his "wife and children". Vittoria Pacini/Pacciniwas born in Sorbolongo, a hamlet dependent on the town of Sant'Ippolito Lee
Online records begin at 1866...

Here is the Death Act of Raffaele Guerra in 1871
from the
free site www.familysearch.org

Record #106 (left side of image)
Dated 5 April 1871 at 11 AM at the town office in Fossombrone
A transcription of a declaration of death received from the administration of the hospital...
Death on 4 April 1871 at 12:30 PM of Raffaele Guerra, age 64, born in Fossombrone, son of deceased Luigi and of deceased Angela Agudi; husband of Vittoria Paccini, with offspring...
DEATH ACT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... n714060269

Death act of Ermenegilda Guerra in 1883
Record #68 (right side of image)
Dated 26 April 1883 at 10 AM at the town office
Died 25 April at 6 PM at Via Corso #49
Age 65, born and residing in Fossombrone,
Daughter of deceased Luigi and deceased Angiola Agudi
SINGLE
DEATH ACT
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1728592520

When searching for earlier records, it is best to search in the church records.
Here is the listing of parishes in Fossombrone in the Italian Phone book. You may wish to write to request a record to verify what you have been told.
http://www.paginebianche.it/ricerca?qs= ... ossombrone

T.
leej

Post by leej »

Tessa Thank you for your quick response. I tried Family Search but could not find anything. Guess I did it wrong. Any suggestions on how to widen my search other than writing the churches??
I heard the churches do not respond very often Lee
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Yes Lee every researcher reaches that spot when the civil records are gone and you have to go to the churches for records If the churches don't respond you either go to Italy or hire a researcher and pay to find records
Do you have anyone born or married or died between 1862-1865 in Fossombrone If you do then what I would do is get the Family History Library Films of Registri ecclesiastici di Fossombrone (Pesaro e Urbino), 1862-1865 Records of baptisms, marriages and deaths from the parishes of Fossombrone, Pesaro e Urbino, Italy
Fossombrone include le seguenti parrocchie: La Cattedrale, Sant' Agostino, Sant'Aldebrando, Sant'Antonio, Sant'Appolinare di Bellaguardia, Santa Maria della Valle, San Martino, San Pietro in Jambis e San Venanzio.
Then if you find someone in the records it will give the name of the church the family used then you have the right church to get more records from

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
leej

Post by leej »

Marty
Thank you for your fine advice. Unfortunately, a trip to Italy is not a viable option at this time. I do not have any relatives, that I know about, that fall within the 1862-1865 time period. I will try writing to the churches and see what comes back. Can you recommend a researcher in Italy????? What would be a cost range for the research? Cost is important as I am on a fixed income.
Lee
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

leej wrote:Tessa Thank you for your quick response. I tried Family Search but could not find anything. Guess I did it wrong. Any suggestions on how to widen my search other than writing the churches??
I heard the churches do not respond very often Lee
Yes, there are times the churches will not respond, but there are many who do. I believe you have a better chance with a smaller parish. One must be very patient. :)
It is important to offer a donation to the church for providing the information.

Here is help with letters in Italianhttp://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/Da ... rishpriest...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... rishpriest
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter4.html

T.
leej

Post by leej »

Tessa
Thank you again. I will try the churches. For some reason the Church of the Cathedral seems familar. It was mentioned in one of my documents, I will have to locate the file to refresh my memory.
Lee