Apuzzos from Salerno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Apuzzos from Salerno

Post by dominique426 »

I am wondering if anyone could assist me with looking for my 2nd great grandfather LORENZO APUZZO. His birthday is DECEMBER 18th 1882. He has a sister named Candida and a sister named Luisa. His father is named ALFONSO APUZZO. I was told he was born in Salerno. I was under the impression he lived in CAVA DE TIRRENI but his Ellis Island log says CORBARA.

I am also wondering if anyone has any Apuzzo ancestors from there! :D
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Apuzzos from Salerno

Post by suanj »

Corbara is a small town in Salerno province; the ship's manifest show Corbara as last residence... maybe he was born in Corbara also.. regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

suanj wrote:Corbara is a small town in Salerno province; the ship's manifest show Corbara as last residence... maybe he was born in Corbara also.. regards,
suanj
The ship log is what confused me. I'm assuming he was born in Corbara now because he was only 12 (so scary to imagine going to a new country as such a small boy without your parents!).

Do you know if there's any way to get any records on him in Italy via Familysearch.org?

I'm going to try and see if there's anything I can find to help me with this. I know there are a lot of Apuzzos in Corbara, Italy from looking through the phone book.
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

For bad luck Corbara civil records are no microfimed by LDS (familysearch.org); you can write in Corbara asking the birth certificate of Lorenzo; you know the birth date and father name, so no problem.. if Corbara clerk find it, it will send you .. so no more doubt...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dominique426 »

suanj wrote:For bad luck Corbara civil records are no microfimed by LDS (familysearch.org); you can write in Corbara asking the birth certificate of Lorenzo; you know the birth date and father name, so no problem.. if Corbara clerk find it, it will send you .. so no more doubt...
regards,
suanj

Thank you! I will get to writing my letter tonight to mail! :)