Angelo Maria Merenda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Angelo Maria Merenda

Post by dominique426 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could find any information on the parents or siblings of Angelo Maria MERENDA. He was born May 23rd 1879 in Roggiano Gravina. According to Portale della Storia degli Italiani, his parents were Giuseppe Merenda and Maria Giuseppa Iaconetti. There are 2 war drafts for him. I'm almost finished reading the 1st one (the font is so tiny, I need to use a magnifying glass! Madonna!!)

I know he married his Filomena Iannello (sp?) in 1898. Her parents were Cristoforo Iannello or Iannelli and a Marianna Chickarelli (I believe, unsure of the exact spelling).

Here is the marriage certificate sent to by one of my cousins:

http://postimg.org/image/wpte9tbx9/

I have yet to find anything on either one. Is there anything I should be looking at?
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Angelo Maria Merenda

Post by adelfio »

That is a marriage extract which has limited info You should rent the marriage act of film from Family history library of ROGGIANO GRAVINA
1898 Feb 27th INDEX# 8 He was 18 she was 15
FILM YOU NEED
Notificazioni 1898-1900 Matrimoni 1866-1900 Morti 1866-1900 Family History Library INTL Film 1641190 Items 1-2

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
dominique426
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Angelo Maria Merenda

Post by dominique426 »

Thank you! Grazie, grazie!

I'm hoping there may be more resources online too.
FAMILY SURNAMES: Sessa, Apuzzo, Merenda, Fisicaro, Bloise, Esposito, Costanzo, Ferrigno, Letiziano, Tomasetta, Covollo, Lerardi, Ferrigno, Barbella, Capparelli