Stillo/Costabile Family - Rende, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lechenea

Stillo/Costabile Family - Rende, Italy

Post by lechenea »

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site, but a relatively seasoned geneaology researcher. I've traced my father's family back to the Hundred Years' War in England, however, my mother's Italian family seems to have run into a bit of a dead end.

I'm searching for the following people from Rende, Italy, thought they could have lived in Cosenza for a little while as well.

Pasquale Stillo - arrived in the US in 1893, born in 1867 in Rende on the 11th of February.
Maria Costabile - Born about 1873 in Rende, Italy. Immigrated to the US around 1893 (I"m assuming she immigrated with her husband, Pasquale) and she died in 1933.
Salvatore Costabile - I can't find anything on him on Ancestry other than the death record for this daughter, Maria, who died in Chicago. He was from Rende, Italy and married his wife Ursola in about 1868.
Ursola Capizzano - Born and died in Rende, Italy. I haven't been able to find anything on her other than her name and place of origin from Maria's death certificate.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Stillo/Costabile Family - Rende, Italy

Post by Tessa78 »

lechenea wrote:Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site, but a relatively seasoned geneaology researcher. I've traced my father's family back to the Hundred Years' War in England, however, my mother's Italian family seems to have run into a bit of a dead end.

I'm searching for the following people from Rende, Italy, thought they could have lived in Cosenza for a little while as well.

Pasquale Stillo - arrived in the US in 1893, born in 1867 in Rende on the 11th of February.
Maria Costabile - Born about 1873 in Rende, Italy. Immigrated to the US around 1893 (I"m assuming she immigrated with her husband, Pasquale) and she died in 1933.
Salvatore Costabile - I can't find anything on him on Ancestry other than the death record for this daughter, Maria, who died in Chicago. He was from Rende, Italy and married his wife Ursola in about 1868.
Ursola Capizzano - Born and died in Rende, Italy. I haven't been able to find anything on her other than her name and place of origin from Maria's death certificate.
Found this record for Pasquale Stillo born 11 February 1866 in Rende
Son of Marco Stillo and Carmina Morelli.
You can access the original image but you may need to register (free)
http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/consulta/ ... heda.faces

SIAS Code IT-ASCS-F680258
Ufficio Leva della Provincia di Cosenza, Enlistment year 1866.Volume number 81,
document number - page 85 section -
Pasquale Stillo, enlisted on --/--/----
born on 11/02/1866 to RENDE
son/daughter of Marco Stillo and of Carmina Morelli

Click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.