Enrico La Medica

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Enrico La Medica

Post by Tessa78 »

Paolo47 wrote:Back again...

First, a birth record for this Enrico, born 1877, Father, Luigi and Mother, Amalia Romano(sp) http://postimg.org/image/lhg9svr9n/

There is a connection between this comune and the Santa Maria di Foggio church. I believe the church name was changed to Cattedrale di Foggia.
http://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattedrale_di_Foggia

If this is your Enrico, you can write to this church. You could also write to the comune for his death record.
http://www.comuni-italiani.it/071/056/index.html

Paul
I would follow the suggestion Paul gave you in an earlier post! :-)

As for Ettore, I will see what I can find...

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Hi Tessa,

I thought you might enjoy "meeting" the folks you've helped me with for this posting....

best wishes,

c
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Grazie, Chris!

You are fortunate to have this photo record. :-)

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

I have photos for Carmine and Ettore also but the system wouldn't let me upload them to share with you. :-(

Yes, i am very lucky. My grandmother was very close with her uncles because she was an only child. As a result, i was close to them as well. One Uncle, Louie Pinto, made several trips back to Torremaggiore and everyone gave him photos of themselves. His wife, Helen, shared them all with me and i digitized them and saved them to my tree on ancestry....
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

cdar1231 wrote:I have photos for Carmine and Ettore also but the system wouldn't let me upload them to share with you. :-(

Yes, i am very lucky. My grandmother was very close with her uncles because she was an only child. As a result, i was close to them as well. One Uncle, Louie Pinto, made several trips back to Torremaggiore and everyone gave him photos of themselves. His wife, Helen, shared them all with me and i digitized them and saved them to my tree on ancestry....
Do you know the approximate year of birth for Ettore?

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Tessa,

No, i don't but based on the other children you found, i'd guess early 1870s. If i had to GUESS, i'd say late 1872 or ealy 1873 but that is based soley on the spread of the other children.

c
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

Record #137
Dated 3 August 1871 at the town office at noon in Torremaggiore
Before the official, Matteo Siano…
Appeared Signore Luigi Lamedica, son of Signore Michele and of Signora Brigida Maurea, age 21, landowner born and residing in this town at sesta strada del Borgo Nuovo, to present a male child which he declared was born on 31 of this last month of July at 4 PM to his legitimate wife Signora Amalia Maria Elisabetta Romano, of age 21, gentlewoman, living with him, daughter of Signor Carmine and of Signora Sofia Cairelli, at home as stated above on strada sesta Borgo Nuovo, and to whom the declarant intends to give the name CARLO MICHELE.
Present at the recording of this act was Michele Lamedica of deceased Francesco, 40, landowner residing in this town on strada Panetteria(?), and Luigi Gussi of deceased Domenico, 27, farmer, residing at Sesta strada Borgo Nuovo,.

T.
I just noticed this. They must be related somehow....very interesting but not sure what to do with it just yet. You think it likely this Michele is Luigi's father, which would make Francesco, Luigi's grandfather?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

cdar1231 wrote:
Record #137
Dated 3 August 1871 at the town office at noon in Torremaggiore
Before the official, Matteo Siano…
Appeared Signore Luigi Lamedica, son of Signore Michele and of Signora Brigida Maurea, age 21, landowner born and residing in this town at sesta strada del Borgo Nuovo, to present a male child which he declared was born on 31 of this last month of July at 4 PM to his legitimate wife Signora Amalia Maria Elisabetta Romano, of age 21, gentlewoman, living with him, daughter of Signor Carmine and of Signora Sofia Cairelli, at home as stated above on strada sesta Borgo Nuovo, and to whom the declarant intends to give the name CARLO MICHELE.
Present at the recording of this act was Michele Lamedica of deceased Francesco, 40, landowner residing in this town on strada Panetteria(?), and Luigi Gussi of deceased Domenico, 27, farmer, residing at Sesta strada Borgo Nuovo,.

T.
I just noticed this. They must be related somehow....very interesting but not sure what to do with it just yet. You think it likely this Michele is Luigi's father, which would make Francesco, Luigi's grandfather?
I don't think you can assume that :-) There are MANY Lamedica in the town, and many with the same names.... Hold onto the record, it MAY connect to someone...

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

While searching for the birth record of Ettore... came upon this DEATH record for the CARLO MICHELE Lamedica born 1871 that I posted above.

He died 26 October 1872 (Record #244) at age 2. So there must have been another Michele born if you knew of him...

Bottom right and on to the next page.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :443271905

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

T,

Thanks for the additional info on Carlo Michele. Yes, you are right, there must be another becuase the Michele we thought it was (i didn't know him but i do have a adult picture) had 4 children: 2 boys and 2 girls so there must be another.....

c
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

First, a birth record for this Enrico, born 1877, Father, Luigi and Mother, Amalia Romano(sp) http://postimg.org/image/lhg9svr9n/
Hi Tessa,

I wonder if i might ask you to kindly take a quick look at this record that Paul found. I'm confused because it seems to list not only Enrico but also Ettore and Carmine. Also, is that a death notation on the side?

Thanks!

c
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

cdar1231 wrote:
Hi Tessa,

I wonder if i might ask you to kindly take a quick look at this record that Paul found. I'm confused because it seems to list not only Enrico but also Ettore and Carmine. Also, is that a death notation on the side?

Thanks!

c
Enrico's full name was Enrico Ettore Camillo Lamedica :-D
You are correct that the notation in the right column is for his death which took place on 11 December 1956 in Torremaggiore. Numbers mean 1956, Parte I, Act #168

T.
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

T, ok. That's a little funny! Thank you!!! :-D -c
cdar1231
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cdar1231 »

T, no luck on Ettore? Just excited, hope am not being a pest! :oops: thanks so much, -c
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

cdar1231 wrote:T, no luck on Ettore? Just excited, hope am not being a pest! :oops: thanks so much, -c
Yes, the anticipation for finding a record is so exciting!

Unfortunately, I have not found him. I have searched from 1871 through 1881 :-)

T.