Carmelo Marino & Antonina Pattavina in Carlentini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
AmyTillman

Carmelo Marino & Antonina Pattavina in Carlentini

Post by AmyTillman »

I am looking for information on Carmelo and Antonia (Pattavina) Marino. She was born 02 Jun 1879 in Carlentini, and they were married 29 Apr 1900 in Carlentini. I believe they had six daughters, but I can only find information on two of them:

(1) Carmela (b. 15 Oct 1906) in Carlentini. Carmela married Carmelo Nobilo, and they immigrated to America (Omaha, Nebraska)in 1926.
(2) Giuseppina (b. 14 May 1914) in Carlentini. Giuseppina married Salvatore Gentile on 20 Jul 1946 in Carlentini. He was born 02 Feb 1909 in Carlentini. They had two sons: Giovanni (b. 27 Apr 1947) and Giancarlo (b. 01 Sep 1950). I do not believe they ever left Carlentini.

If anyone has additional information on Carmelo and Antonina and/or their children, I would very much like to share information. Thank you! Amy
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Carmelo Marino & Antonina Pattavina in Carlentini

Post by Tessa78 »

AmyTillman wrote:I am looking for information on Carmelo and Antonia (Pattavina) Marino. She was born 02 Jun 1879 in Carlentini, and they were married 29 Apr 1900 in Carlentini. I believe they had six daughters, but I can only find information on two of them:

(1) Carmela (b. 15 Oct 1906) in Carlentini. Carmela married Carmelo Nobilo, and they immigrated to America (Omaha, Nebraska)in 1926.
(2) Giuseppina (b. 14 May 1914) in Carlentini. Giuseppina married Salvatore Gentile on 20 Jul 1946 in Carlentini. He was born 02 Feb 1909 in Carlentini. They had two sons: Giovanni (b. 27 Apr 1947) and Giancarlo (b. 01 Sep 1950). I do not believe they ever left Carlentini.

If anyone has additional information on Carmelo and Antonina and/or their children, I would very much like to share information. Thank you! Amy

Hello, Amy :-D

Here is the marriage record for Carmelo and Antonina in April 1900...
He is age 25, a mason, and the son of deceased Cesirio [Marino] and of Antonia Terio.
She is age 20, housewife, and the daughter of Filippo [Pattavina] and of Carmela Dipasquale.

Left side - click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

AmyTillman wrote: (1) Carmela (b. 15 Oct 1906) in Carlentini. Carmela married Carmelo Nobilo, and they immigrated to America (Omaha, Nebraska)in 1926.

Carmela's correct birthdate is 15 November 1906 :-)

Here is her birth record...
Dated 18 November 1906 at 10:15 Am at teh town office in Carlentini
Appearing before the official was Rosa Bandiera, 30, midwife, residing in Carlentini, to declare that at 8 AM on the 15th of the current month, at Via Archimede #196, to Antonina Pattavina, wife of Carmelo marino, mason, residents of Carlentini, was born a female child who she presented to the official and to whom was given the name CARMELA.

Side notation:
Marriage on 25 February 1926 to Carmelo Nobile, in Carlentini

Right side - click once to enlarge and again to magnify

T.
AmyTillman

Post by AmyTillman »

Hi T! Thanks for the great information. Is it possible to find out what the names of the other children of Carmelo and Antonina are? CARMELA's obituary in 1979 stated that she had five sisters residing in Italy. I know about Giuseppina, but none of the others. Any help is appreciated!

Also, any information on Giuseppina's children, Giovanni and Gioncarlo?

Thanks so much!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

HI T
INDEX#88
1909 April 3rd in the town of Carlentini in house on at Via Archimede #194 birth record of Maria Marino daughter of Carmelo Marino age 34 son of Cesirio and wife Antonina Pattavina daughter of Filippo Pattavina

CLICK FOR IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Since ancestry.com births only go 1900-1910 online you will have to email or write for the rest of the birth records of the siblings information

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Carlentini
Via F. Morelli 6
96013 Carlentini SR
Italy
Email http://www.comune.carlentini.sr.it

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita di Giovanni Marino di Carmelo e Giancarlo Marino di Carmelo

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Carlentini. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del padre: Carmelo Marino
Nome e cognome della madre: Antonina Pattavina
Luogo di nascita: Carlentini
Data di nascita: 1911-1917
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AmyTillman

Post by AmyTillman »

Thank you! This forum is great!

Would someone be able to tell me what this document says?

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... &ml_rpos=1

Thanks again!!

Amy