Lauri Family, Arquata del Tronto

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jay_gulbin

Lauri Family, Arquata del Tronto

Post by jay_gulbin »

Hello everyone, I have attempted to retrieve records a few times from Arquata del Tronto and have been unsuccessful. Would anyone have any other suggestions?

My great grandfather Lewis Laurie, seems to have a birthdate of August 1882 in Arquata del Tronto and my grandmother may have been married there in an arranged marriage, from what I have been told. My great grandathers parents might have been Vincenzo Lauri and Filomena Santolini. These are from very vague documents found on ancestry.com but I am looking for some better information. I know for sure Lewis Laurie was born on that date because I have visited his grave site in Beckly, West Virginia. A point in a new direction would be very appreciated.

- Jay
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Lauri Family, Arquata del Tronto

Post by Tessa78 »

jay_gulbin wrote:Hello everyone, I have attempted to retrieve records a few times from Arquata del Tronto and have been unsuccessful. Would anyone have any other suggestions?

My great grandfather Lewis Laurie, seems to have a birthdate of August 1882 in Arquata del Tronto and my grandmother may have been married there in an arranged marriage, from what I have been told. My great grandathers parents might have been Vincenzo Lauri and Filomena Santolini. These are from very vague documents found on ancestry.com but I am looking for some better information. I know for sure Lewis Laurie was born on that date because I have visited his grave site in Beckly, West Virginia. A point in a new direction would be very appreciated.

- Jay
Hello Jay :-)

When you state that you have tried to "retrieve" records from the comune, do you mean that you wrote to the civil records office?

If yes, then you might try writing to the local churches to see if they can find a baptism record for "Lewis Laurie" aka Luigi Lauri :-)

I checked the LDS Family History Catalog and there are no microfilms listed for Arquata del Tronto.

Help with letter of request to parish priest...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tter4.html

FYI - There is a Lewis Laurie Family Tree on Ancestry of the Timpani Family (owner: aferguson71). It contains images of the US Passport, NY arrival manifest, and WWII registration card.

In addition, here is the possible West Virginia marriage index listing for their marriage... in 1910

Luigi Lauri, "Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940"
Name: Luigi Lauri
Birth Date: 1883
Birthplace: Italy
Spouse's Name: Ruth Cline
Spouse's Birth Date: 1889
Spouse's Birthplace: , Wyoming, Va
Spouse's Age: 21
Event Date: 30 Nov 1910
Event Place: Tazewell Co., Virginia
Father's Name: Vincengo (Vincenzo?)
Mother's Name: Plomene
(Filomena?)
Spouse's Father's Name: Robt.
Spouse's Mother's Name: Fozy
Race: White
Marital Status: Single
Previous Wife's Name:
Spouse's Race: White
Spouse's Marital Status: Single
Spouse's Previous Husband's Name:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M01695-5
System Origin: Virginia-EASy
GS Film number: 34214
Reference ID: P 204 L 245

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Lauri Family, Arquata del Tronto

Post by adelfio »

You could also email for his military record to Archivio di Stato di Ascoli Piceno his parents name will be on it then you can write for other records
E-mail: as-ap@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI ASCOLI PICENO

OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva di Luigi Lauri classe di nascita 1880-1884

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito di leva di: Luigi Lauri nato a Arquata del Tronto il 1880-1884.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.

YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL ADDRESS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty