IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Antonio Greco

IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Post by Antonio Greco »

Good day,

I have been using ancestry.com for some time, archivio di stato di cosenza online, using the LDS microfilms and writing to Italy for documents. I discovered my 5th Great Grandfather was from San Giovanni in Fiore and was born in the first half of the 1700s.

The website IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE seems to have some tax records for my 5th Great Grandfather but won't let me see them until I pay up.

Before I join, can anyone tell me if this is a quality website? When I say quality, I mean it is not a site that is just a bunch of links to other genealogy websites which I must also pay for.

Is there some original content on the website? Stuff I can't find on ancestry.com? Is it worth the $285 lifetime membership, or will I open and curse myself for wasting money because it is a bunch of stuff I could have got on ancestry.com?

Please let me know.

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/

Tony
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: IL CIRCOLO CALABRESE - Your feelings on this website?

Post by adelfio »

The Cadastre Onciario of San Giovanni in Fiore is online for free

PAGE LINK
http://www.onciario.beniculturali.it/?page_id=7

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Antonio Greco

Post by Antonio Greco »

Thank you, Sir.
De Colosimi e de iumare portaccende ma un de pigliare: delle cose di Colosimi e delle fiumare è meglio non prendere nulla
Primo Mattino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Primo Mattino »

This website Circolo Calabrese has taken the data of my website (which is about 10 years of work) and probably also of other websites. The owner of Circolo Calabrese has the brutallity to offer these stolen data to his victims as "Our Genealogical Collections" and to ask money for the use of them.

Of course I was from the beginning of my project aware that this might happen. I did not build in any barriers because I wanted these data available for everyone as simple as possible. I know that asking a password for entrance of a site already should be a threshold for some people. Using .pdf would make the files unsearchable bij Google's inside website search etc. etc. So I kept it as simple as possible.
Yet is is such a disappointment when it happens. It is such a pity that there is always someone somewhere to destroy the beauty of the liberty of internet and abuse it for his own selfish interests. Unfortunate and regrettable.

Is there someone out there whith some good advice for me?