Nobile

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gypsyg

Nobile

Post by Gypsyg »

May I please get some help with a translation for #89. Death record of Gioachino Nobile, I'd also like some assistance with his parents listed too.

Thank you, Gina

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ource=true
Gina
Researching Roseti Macrino Gatto Guidi /Cassano Allo Ionio Cosenza Calabria
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
Nobile Nobile Camilleri Augugliaro /Trapani
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Nobile

Post by Tessa78 »

Record #89
Dated 19 December 1871 at 5 PM at the town office in Bivona
appearing before the official was Carmelo Lacorte, 27 and Carmelo Bellone, 35, street sweepers; to declare that today at 2 PM died, at home, Don Gioachino Nobile, age 30, middleclass citizen, single, born in Trapani, residing in Bivona, son of deceased Orfeo and deceased Vita Augugliaro.

T.
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Thank you Tessa, any idea what the "Don" means??? Ummm, I've only heard that term in the Godfather movies.... UH-OH!!! Tell me it's NOT so!!! LOL
Gina
Valenti Nobile Cammarata Spatoro Colombo Cutro Ciccone Panepinto Ciccarello Bellomo Solce Pignalitti / Bivona Agrigento Sicily
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

Gypsyg wrote:Thank you Tessa, any idea what the "Don" means??? Ummm, I've only heard that term in the Godfather movies.... UH-OH!!! Tell me it's NOT so!!! LOL
Here is something I previously posted concerning titles in records

The titles may or may not indicate nobility or noble birth. The titles Don (masculine) and Donna (feminine) translate to "lord" and "lady." They were used for individuals who were of rank or prominence within a community and basically were titles of respect. The titles were used for those who had great wealth, education, or were in political positions. So you will find "Don" or "Donna" as titles for property owners, Don as a form of address for members of the clergy/priests, for doctors, for lawyers, as well as for noblemen, and Donna for noblewomen. According to John Philip Collletta, in his book, Finding Italian Roots, Italy was a society rigidly divided into classes (p.105).

Erudita
Gypsyg

Post by Gypsyg »

Thank you Erudita, for clarifying that for me!! Can't imagine WHERE my mind was going!! LOL

Now if I could only figure out WHO the mother of his child/children was, I'd be good.
Gina