Indexes

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Indexes

Post by ray1955 »

Does anyone know how to get to the indexes on FamilySearch. Having to go record by record kind of defeats the purpose of going to the indexes and finding where a record is.
Sure would help.

thanks
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Indexes

Post by adelfio »

ancestry.com universal subscription has the indexes listed separate for all the years 1866-1910 Vallelunga Pratameno birth and marriage and death

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

I have been lucky doing what you suggested about calculating where a index record is located once I find a name on an index. Problem is out of pages and pages you come to indexes usually broken out by years right? But since records are scanned you can't search and I was hoping there would be something that would say indexes are at such and such page. But thats not the case right? I dont belong to ancestry.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Ray some towns don't even have indexes you are lucky that the records are good and can be read. You get better at it start a index page book and write them all down as you go a lot of times you will see that the number of records between years are very close

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty