mecchi-puccinelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
civitavecchia

mecchi-puccinelli

Post by civitavecchia »

Seeking marriage information (date, place and parents names) for

Pietro MECCHI and Maria PUCCINELLI of Livorno, Italy circa 1810-1825 and

a birth for their son Giovanni MECCHI, born March 1825-1826.

Any other family information welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: mecchi-puccinelli

Post by Italysearcher »

You will need parish records for this information.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
civitavecchia

Post by civitavecchia »

I know, that's why I posted here. There are few online to consult. Thanks, Dennis
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

First of all how did you get his birth date was in March?
There are records of (1816-1860) › Livorno (provincia di Livorno)online they are on Antenati Gli Archivi per la Ricerca Anagrafica. THey are in a index registry (EACH ENTRY GOES ACROSS THE WHOLE PAGE) which list last name/first name/fathers name/mothers maiden name/birth date/baptism date looks like they are not alphabetical but by date starting from Jan 1st to Dec for every year. I did a quick sweep for March 1825-1826 didn't see Giovanni Mecchi but did see other Mecchi's in the records
There are lots of records per year births and marriages but with a little work I think you will find your family

PAGE LINK TO RECORDS

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... i+Livorno/

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
civitavecchia

Post by civitavecchia »

Hi,

His birthdata is recorded in the 1901 and 1911 censuses of Canada at Meteghan, Nova Scotia. While I distrust birthdata in census records, it's all I have to go on, since they were both consistent in their reporting. Thanks for the link and I will check out this source you recommend. Your help is much appreciated. Dennis
civitavecchia

Post by civitavecchia »

Marty,

Your link was a great one. I found Pietro Mecchi and Maria Puccinelli's marriage in 1822, and four of their sons' births. From the looks of it, my Giovanni (or Jean/John) from Canada was their son Vincenzio (I know nowhere near Giovanni), born/baptized 7/8 Mar 1826 (only three days away from the date given in the Canadian census of 1901. So it has to be him. He had brothers Giacomo in 1823, Agostino in 1824 and Francesco in 1827. This really helped a great deal. Now if I can find a similar link for a similar online source for the Como area, I'll have gone to genealogical heaven.

A thousand thanks, Dennis
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are very welcome glad to help great site

MArty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty