Research in Trieste

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Burkefam

Research in Trieste

Post by Burkefam »

I do a bit of research here in Australia and a friend has asked for help with her Trieste relatives. I have found it quite difficult and frustrating. I wrote to the commune but what I received back was a basic copy of birth, death and marriage records which is what we already have. There was no cause of death, just dates etc.
What I really want is information about the deaths (they occurred in the 1930's). Both her grandparents died in tragic circumstances so I wondered if there would be newspaper records about them. Can anyone tell me if such a thing exists? Also I think at this stage we need to find a researcher in Trieste to get more detailed information. Can anyone recommend someone who is reliable who can do the ground work there for us? Ros
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Research in Trieste

Post by Italysearcher »

Italian death records do not routinely record the cause of death. Parish records MIGHT if it was tragic.
Newspapers here do not report in detail the kinds of things you might expect in USA, etc. The deaths would have to have been tragic enough to have made headlines I would think. You need to research what newspapers would have been in print at that time and then contact them for information on their archives.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Burkefam, I sent you a PM
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Burkefam

Post by Burkefam »

Thank you Giuseppe. Sorry I missed your message. Will try to read now.
Burkefam

Post by Burkefam »

Sorry I did not receive your PM. Could you resend please?
anabellemc

Post by anabellemc »

Hi Ross
Can you tell the email address or contact details for the commune in Trieste as I'm trying to get a Copy of my fathers birth certificate from 1943
Thanks so much!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Heres the address is it for citizenship your request has to be in Italian
Servizi Demografici
Ufficio Anagrafe
Passo Costanzi 2,
34121 - Trieste (TS)
Italy

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty