Do Italians read this site?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Do Italians read this site?

Post by marymary52 »

I was wondering do any Italians use this site to find family members from the USA?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Do Italians read this site?

Post by liviomoreno »

:P I did use it :P
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Me too :D I don't have family members in the U.S. but I love help here...

Laura
leej

Post by leej »

I use it daily to enhance my research and once in a while I find information that fits directly into my tree. Lee
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

We have people from all over the world visiting this site so I would also say yes, they use it often. Those who have already replied are a testament to that.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Of course Italians read ItalianGenealogy. I am sorry for not making myself clear. What I was trying to say is do people from Italy read this site? Are they Looking for family in America? What do the Italians think of us? We are Americans with Italian up bringing. Most of us, (not all) were brought up poor or middle class. Our parents and grandparents saved every dollar they made ,bought a home and had fruit trees in their back yards. lol
What did the Italy families feel about their sons and daughters leaving them and going to America? I lived very close to my Mother and Father until the day they died. I would not have had it any other way. I guess you can say it's the Italian in me. One day I am coming to Italy. My roommate had knee surgery so she can't come this year and I am not sure if I want to go Solo. I am not bringing my husband because he would not appreciate Italy. plus, I would rather travel with a friend. I would love to go to Sicily , Naples, Rome, Florence, Venice and Tuscany. ( Not in one trip) I would love to stay 4 to 6 weeks. Not in a hotel, but in an apartment or in someones home ,maybe a B & B. When the time comes I will ask for help. I was told by many people to take a tour with a tour company for my first time. MY dream is to buy a small flats home with a real stove. lol I was looking on line and some homes didn't have a kitchen, only a wood fire place for cooking. It must have been a really old building but beautiful. :)
Good Morning and Good Night Margaret Mary