Need Help Find Obit

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Need Help Find Obit

Post by gemellua »

Hi:
Hoping someone can help me out. I recently lost all my family history info, so I am starting from scratch. :( Earlier in the year I had found the obit of a cousin. If I recall correctly she was living in NJ or NY and died either in Mar of this year or 2012. Her maiden name was Antonia Faso. I cannot recall her married name. But I am sure it was Italian and believe it started with a "T". The obit had a photo. Her parents were Vincenzo and Nicasia "Tessie" Faso. The obit stated she did not marry after her husband's death. I have searched the Internet and can't find the Obit. Thanks
erudita74
Master
Master

Re: Need Help Find Obit

Post by erudita74 »

gemellua wrote:Hi:
Hoping someone can help me out. I recently lost all my family history info, so I am starting from scratch. :( Earlier in the year I had found the obit of a cousin. If I recall correctly she was living in NJ or NY and died either in Mar of this year or 2012. Her maiden name was Antonia Faso. I cannot recall her married name. But I am sure it was Italian and believe it started with a "T". The obit had a photo. Her parents were Vincenzo and Nicasia "Tessie" Faso. The obit stated she did not marry after her husband's death. I have searched the Internet and can't find the Obit. Thanks

Don't know if the following will help you, but I just found this on an ancestry.com message board.
Erudita

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.faso/2/mb.ashx

trying to find Faso cousins
rbeez1812 (View posts)
Posted: 3 Apr 2010 9:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Parents: Vincenzo Faso 1885-1958 d: Bronx, NY & Nicasia "Tessie" Realbuto 1894-1983 d: Flushing, NY. Both were born in Sicily.

Children:
Mariano "Mike" 1911-1981 d: Middletown, NY.

Salvatore "Sam" 1920-2003 d: Lake Worth, Palm Beach, FL. Wife Ann 1917-1987 d: Lake Worth, Palm Beach, FL. Sam was a well known accordion player.
He had a band called The Sam Faso Orchestra. Located at 157-32 16th Street, Whitestone, Long Island, NY 11357. His obit mentioned children and
his sister Dora.

Giuseppe "Joe" Giuseppe “Joe” 1924-2000 d: Phoenix, AZ.

Antonia "Dora" 1927- Perhaps she is still alive?

I do not have any census for Vincenzo & Tessie. He arrived for the 1st time in the USA in 1904 and for the last time 1919. Vincenzo served in the military in WW1. I'm pretty sure it was for the USA. His sons may have served in WW2.

Edit:
I just found the following which may be her-

http://www.vandermay.com/Obituaries.asp ... aryid=4007
gemellua
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gemellua »

A BIG THANK YOU Erudita!! You found the obit! I knew one of you amazing people here on the mb would help me. :)
erudita74
Master
Master

Post by erudita74 »

gemellua wrote:A BIG THANK YOU Erudita!! You found the obit! I knew one of you amazing people here on the mb would help me. :)
So sorry to hear that you've lost all of your family history data, but happy to know that I've helped you get a small piece back.
Erudita