Nicosia Family in Vicari, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
edouglass

Nicosia Family in Vicari, Sicily

Post by edouglass »

I know by my username it does not sound like I am Sicilian. It is on my mother's side so naturally I do not have the Sicilian last name. My family came from Vicari in the early 1900s and landed in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States where we have, over time, migrated to Texas. I am not having much luck finding anything out. As you see, the surname is Nicosia from Vicari, Sicily. My great-grandfather's name was Paul Nicosia and my great-grandmother's name was Francis Barcia (maiden name). If anyone could divulge some information on my family's history, I would be forever thankful.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Nicosia Family in Vicari, Sicily

Post by adelfio »

Hi and welcome to IG website according to the 1940 census
Paul Nicosia
Birth: abt 1892 - Italy
Residence: 1935 - Tangipahoa, Louisiana

POSSIBLE BIRTH RECORD
INDEX#98
1891 May 27th in the town of Vicari in a house on via del Forno #29 birth of Paolo Giuseppe Nicosia son of Giuseppe Nicosia blacksmith and Antonia Anzalone delivered by Rosaria Sampognano age 67 midwife

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1550959874

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Im pretty sure that is your Paolo Nicosia birth record here is his
Paolo Nicosia, "United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Paolo Nicosia
Event Type: Draft Registration
Event Date: 1917-1918
Event Place: Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana, United States
Birth Date: 27 May 1892
Birthplace: Vicari, Palermo, Italy
Nationality: Italy
Affiliate Publication Title: World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... :971587948

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giuseppe Nicosia and Antonia Anzalone (Parents of Paolo Giuseppe Nicosia)
INDEX#21
1886 June 26th in the town of Vicari appeared Giuseppe Casimo Nicosia age 30 blacksmith born in Roccapalumba resides in Vicari son of Paolo Nicosia and Angela Iannello married Antonia Anzalone age 27 seamstress born in Vicari resides in Vicari daughter of Francesco Anzalone and Maria Catania

PG LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1049131671

Marty

Marty