CARIOZZI family name - Help needed!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Re: CARIOZZI family name - Help needed!

Post by MarcoItaliano »

adelfio wrote: Comune di Sora -
Corso Volsci, 111
03039 - Sora (Fr)
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Nazareno Baldassarra

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sora. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Nazareno Baldassarra
Nome e cognome del padre: Carlo Baldassarra
Luogo di nascita: Sora
Data di nascita: 28 luglio 1900
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Comune di Sora -
Corso Volsci, 111
03039 - Sora (Fr)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Filomena Luongo

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Sora. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome : Filomena Luongo
Nome e cognome del padre: Agostino Luongo
Nome e cognome della madre: Angelina Matteucci
Luogo di nascita: Sora
Data di nascita: 19 dic 1896
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Hey Marty thanks for helping me and posting that for me. I have a question, i notice that guy in your picture is a WW veteran right? is that you or your relative? Im wondering if i take a picture of my nonno grande Nazareno Baldassarra and showed you if you can tell me what ranking he was in the army. He has one of those hats on with the feathers sticking out of it and on his collar has 2 stars on it. Would you know what ranking he was or no?
Family Surnames In My Pedigree:
GIZZI, PALLESCHI, BALDASSARRA, SAVONA, CORSETTI, DE SANTIS, LUONGO, CASTELLUCCI, DI CRESCE, MATTACCHIONE, CARIOZZI, MATTEUCCI, DI COSMO,
3rd-generation Canadian. Family from Lazio (Frosinone province)
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

LOL That's my great grandfather Mariano Adelfio from Trabia Palermo I cant help you military uniforms sorry

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MarcoItaliano »

adelfio wrote:LOL That's my great grandfather Mariano Adelfio from Trabia Palermo I cant help you military uniforms sorry

Marty
lol k i kind of figured wasnt u cuz the pic is in black and white...thought maybe u would know that kind of stuff...its all good
GIZZI, PALLESCHI, BALDASSARRA, SAVONA, CORSETTI, DE SANTIS, LUONGO, CASTELLUCCI, DI CRESCE, MATTACCHIONE, CARIOZZI, MATTEUCCI, DI COSMO,
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Once you get his birth year you can get his military record (Leva) if he was born in Sora they hold those records also

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MarcoItaliano »

adelfio wrote:Once you get his birth year you can get his military record (Leva) if he was born in Sora they hold those records also

Marty
i have his birth year and death. he was born in Sora, 28/July/1900 and died in Toronto, 20/May/2000. He lived 99 years, the entire century, if he was alive for 1 more month he would have turned 100 years old! He died here but hes buried in Italia (not sure where, most likely somewhere in Sora)
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

MarcoItaliano wrote: he was born in Sora, 28/July/1900 and died in Toronto, 20/May/2000. He lived 99 years, the entire century, if he was alive for 1 more month he would have turned 100 years old!
Well, 2 more months and a week, but who's counting? My GGF from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto had almost the exact same lifespan: 9 Mar 1881 to 3 Jan 1981. He died from the flu just before we would've had a big celebration for his 100th birthday.
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MarcoItaliano »

carubia wrote:
MarcoItaliano wrote: he was born in Sora, 28/July/1900 and died in Toronto, 20/May/2000. He lived 99 years, the entire century, if he was alive for 1 more month he would have turned 100 years old!
Well, 2 more months and a week, but who's counting? My GGF from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto had almost the exact same lifespan: 9 Mar 1881 to 3 Jan 1981. He died from the flu just before we would've had a big celebration for his 100th birthday.
ya sorry i ment to say 2 more months, my bad..im pretty sure my nonno grande just died from old age i guess, i mean he was just about to turn 100! he was very healthy never smoked or drank. I wish he was alive so many stories he couldve told me. My nonna grande on my dads, moms side Antonia De Santis (my nonna's mother) died at 95 years old (1909-2005) and my dads, dads, dad Gino Enrico Gizzi died at 89 years old (1917-2006). Old age runs in my family, i got to meet 3 of my great grandparents.
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

My bisnonno (the one who almost lived to 100) smoked cigars and drank wine with every meal well into his 90s. Finally my GM (his daughter-in-law) made him quit because he had gone blind and she was afraid he'd burn down the house. She also replaced his wine with grape juice. Maybe that's what killed him. The doctor said he had a strong heart and could've lived another 10 years. That nonna lived more than 97 years, too. Old age runs in a lot of Italian families.
VLANE

Post by VLANE »

Hi,

I am French and and my grandmother was a CARIOZZI. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 107.She is my dad's mum. she was born in Italy, in SORA, I think, in 1903 but her family emigrated to France when she was a little kid. They first stayed in Marseille and then moved further north ( south of Lyon) where her dad and brothers worked in a glass making factory. I still have a few cousins whose name is CARIOZZI.
i just came acroos this forum doing some genealogy research and I am really happy to hear that there are CARIOZZIS all over the place !

Cheers,
Véronique
MarcoItaliano
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MarcoItaliano »

VLANE wrote:Hi,

I am French and and my grandmother was a CARIOZZI. She passed away a few years ago at the age of 107.She is my dad's mum. she was born in Italy, in SORA, I think, in 1903 but her family emigrated to France when she was a little kid. They first stayed in Marseille and then moved further north ( south of Lyon) where her dad and brothers worked in a glass making factory. I still have a few cousins whose name is CARIOZZI.
i just came acroos this forum doing some genealogy research and I am really happy to hear that there are CARIOZZIS all over the place !

Cheers,
Véronique
hey veronique, thanks for commenting:) you gave me hope now that the name is spelled correctly after telling me this lol. I just recently found my Nonno Grande (great-grandfather) memorial prayer (i think thats what its called) from his funeral, and it has his full name written on it. Nazareno Ferdinando Cariozzi Baldassarra. CARIOZZI is only in his name because when he was younger people called him "Cariozz/Cariozzi" as a nickname based from his mother's last name (Restituta Cariozzi) CARIOZZI not actually part of his name it was just included in the memorial prayer when he died for part of his name because it was a nickname and its his moms surname. So looks like the name is spelled correctly.