A Faraone stuck in Ruoti, Italy!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
another_faraone

A Faraone stuck in Ruoti, Italy!

Post by another_faraone »

Like most of you I am researching my family tree and have hit a stopping point.

My grandfather, Anthony James Farone passed away this December (2013) but knew little of his relatives. I am trying to trace his father's line back and am already stumped due to a possible immigration issue and a large number of people having not only the same name but the surname spellings are altered slightly as well--so I'm not sure if I am tracing the right person. Anyway, the onformation I have:

Anthony J. Farone (my grandfather) b. 1928 Cicero, Illinois
(12 siblings)

Father: Felix Farone b. 1877 Ruoti, Italy -- d. 1945 Cicero, Illinois
Mother: Anna Marra (Mara) b. 1884-89 (there is some discrepancy on birthdate. She was born in Chicago although her parents emigrated from Austria separately and met in Illinois).

I am trying to trace the Farone (Faraone) name back. Here is where I am stumped. It seems that Felix took the spelling FARONE, and though I have tried different variations, cannot find him on a passenger manifest anywhere. If he was indeed born in Italy, would he not appear somewhere? What other ways did folk get to America back then?

The other information I have, although I don't how reliable it is would be about Felix's parents:

Father: Joseph Farone (Faraone) b. 1850 Ruoti, Potenza, Italy
Mother: Louisa (Luisa) Angiolillo (I am not certain about the spelling of either first or last name nor do I have a birthday for her)

The last bit I have (but I do not know if this is the correct Joseph, so not sure of the accuracy here) about Joseph:

Father: Felice Faraone b. 1830
Mother: Carmelia Carone or Carbone (unsure) b. 1830 -- d.1915

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated! I will continue to sift through older posts in hopes I come across any bit of info to help me move forward :-)

Thank you
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: A Faraone stuck in Ruoti, Italy!

Post by adelfio »

Looks like Felice Faraone was born 1878 Aug 5th in Ruoti
INDEX#107
1878 Aug 5th in the town of Ruoti birth of Felice Faraone son of Giuseppe Faraone age 37 farmer and Luigia Angiolillo

CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

DEATH RECORD of Giuseppe Faraone
INDEX#10
1905 Feb 22nd in the town of Ruoti death of Giuseppe Faraone age 63(abt 1842)farmer born in Ruoti son of deceased Felice Faraone farmer and deceased Carmelia Cirone husband of the living Luigia Angiolillo

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

DEATH RECORD of Luigia Angiolillo
INDEX#52
1931 Aug 13th in the town of Ruoti death of Luigia Angiolillo age 77(abt 1854)born in Ruoti daughter of Felice Angiolillo and deceased Rosa Bochicchio widow of Giuseppe Faraone

Marty

Marty
another_faraone

Post by another_faraone »

Thank you Marty, that information is absolutely amazing!! I truly appreciate it :-) Kind regards, Julie
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are very welcome Julie

Marty

Marty