Military Record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Military Record

Post by TerryM »

Is there a way to search for an Italian military record from about 1905? It would be in the province of Potenza for Pasquale Marasco living in Brienza. Thank you!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Re: Military Record

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You will need to write a letter in Italian to the state archives for this. You could email them which would be quicker: as-pz@beniculturali.it You should hear back within a few days.

Their postal address is:
Archivio di Stato
via N. Sauro, n.1
85100 Potenza
Italy
Attn: Veronica Miceli

Not sure whether you have these:

Brienza links to BMDs: https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043547

Could someone please post the appropriate letter requesting military records here please. Thank you.

Angela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Italian military records go by the year they were born you can try this email to the archives of province Potenza
E-mail: as-pz@beniculturali.it

ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI POTENZA
OGGETTO: Richiesta esito di leva o dei foglie matricolari di Pasquale Marasco classe di nascita 1888.

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,

Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Brienza,Potenza. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per ottenere l'esito registro di leva o registro dei foglie matricolari di:Pasquale Marasco di Antonio Marasco e Antonia Felitto nato a Brienza il 1888.
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Marty, that was extremely quick. We were obviously posting at the same time.

Angela
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

AngelaGrace56 wrote:Marty, that was extremely quick. We were obviously posting at the same time.

Angela
Hi Angela I was posting the same time

Ciao Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TerryM »

Thank you Angela and Marty! That was so quick! And all filled in with the parents' names and his birth year too. You looked it all up for me. I could never have written a letter that would have made any sense.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

TerryM wrote:Thank you Angela and Marty! That was so quick! And all filled in with the parents' names and his birth year too. You looked it all up for me. I could never have written a letter that would have made any sense.
Fantastic - and you are very welcome! Marty writes a great letter. I hope you hear back soon. Let us know how you get on.

Angela
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TerryM »

I received this today -
Si informa che per dare corso alla ricerca è necessario comunicare nome, cognome, indirizzo completo del richiedente e la copia di un valido documento di riconoscimento.

Cordiali saluti.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Your response says: Please note that in order to start looking you need to communicate your name, full address of the applicant and a copy of a valid identity document
Resummit with that info with a photo ID (passport or drivers license)and your full address

Marty

Marty
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TerryM »

Here is the response from the Potenza office. Will they take a credit card or PayPal? I do not know how to send Euros from the United States.

Si comunica che è stata rintracciata la Lista di Leva di Pasquale Marasco, figlio di Antonio e di Antonia Felitto, nato a Brienza il 29/03/1888.

Il costo per la spedizione della copia del suddetto atto ammonta ad euro 4,00. Il corrispettivo di tale somma dovrà pervenire al seguente indirizzo: Archivio di Stato- via N. Sauro, n.1 85100 Potenza.

Il Responsabile del Procedimento
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

TerryM wrote:Here is the response from the Potenza office. Will they take a credit card or PayPal? I do not know how to send Euros from the United States.

Si comunica che è stata rintracciata la Lista di Leva di Pasquale Marasco, figlio di Antonio e di Antonia Felitto, nato a Brienza il 29/03/1888.

Il costo per la spedizione della copia del suddetto atto ammonta ad euro 4,00. Il corrispettivo di tale somma dovrà pervenire al seguente indirizzo: Archivio di Stato- via N. Sauro, n.1 85100 Potenza.

Il Responsabile del Procedimento
I personally have only sent money to Italy twice now and each time I have taken the risk and sent the cash and concealed it. I remember looking at all my options, prior to the first time I sent money, and it seemed at the time that it was going to be much cheaper and less complex to risk sending the 4,00 euro in cash. I watched the exchange rate and then bought a little more money than I needed so it would be there for the next three or four times that I needed it.
I think it took about six weeks or so to receive the documents.

I hope this helps.
Angela
TerryM
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TerryM »

Thank you Angela. That sounds like a good idea. I'm thinking I might send a 5 Euro bill rather than 4 Euro coins because it would be lighter to ship and easier to conceal.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are welcome Terry. I am sending you a message. It should be in your inbox shortly.

Angela