Pubblicazioni records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Pubblicazioni records

Post by elmosgirl »

Hello,

I'm looking for help with members' experiences requesting these records from either comunes or State Archives. Or should I write to both comune and State Archives, hoping one or the other answers?

The Processetti I seek are not cataloged in the Family Search collections so I must write to Italy for them.

Because there are several documents that comprise these particular records, any advice and/or suggestions on what to specifically request and how to request it will be appreciated. In other words, I want to include everything in my correspondence, not leaving anything out!

I haven't asked officials for this kind of documentation so will rely on your help!

Thanks,

Noel
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Pubblicazioni records

Post by Italysearcher »

The Processetti appear to have been sent to the State Archives with the 2nd copy of the marriage record during a period of years prior to 1865. I have not found them in any organized way in any of the towns I have searched. If I have found anything it has been when the bride or groom were from another town. If Family Search haven't filmed them then they aren't at the State Archives. You will only find processetti where the marriage record states they were recorded.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
elmosgirl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by elmosgirl »

Thank you for your answer, Ann.

Family Search has been in the comune; its digitized work only goes up to 1865.

If I understand what you wrote, and I'm not sure I do, you haven't had success finding these records unless the couple came from two different towns??

This is an attempt to approach finding a missing marriage record in "backward" fashion. We do not know where the marriage took place. We were advised that if we could find the Pubblicazioni records they might provide the clues we need. It's the "other town" that has thrown us off course.

So,I gather, again from what you wrote, that anything more recent than 1865 would not be in the State Archives depository??

I'll appreciate your answering again.

Noel
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

You don't say which town. Family Search did its filming in the State Archives. (Cjeck the source on the film page, it should say where the records were filmed) They may have gone to the Comune but I don't know of any. Best bet to find the marriage is to look for the death record of the bride. It should say where she was born. The marriage probably took place there.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.