Giansanti family in Velletri

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Limonata

Giansanti family in Velletri

Post by Limonata »

I wonder if anyone on this site might be able to help me with a genealogy problem.

I am searching for information about Enrico Giansanti from Velletri, also known (I think) as Enrico Giovanni Giansanti, born in Italy in the 1860s (estimate) and died May 14, 1921, also in Italy.

Enrico Giansanti
nata circa 1860-1870
morto 1921

I would like to learn Enrico's father's and mother's names, and anything else you could find.

Also, I am hoping to learn more about Enrico's wife. I would like her given (first, Christian) name and also her maiden name. I believe she died in 1917.

sposa di Enrico Giansanti (nome proprio e cognome ????)
nata ????
morto circa 1917

My family thinks her given name may have been Adelina or some variation of that. I would also like the names, birth dates and dates of death of their children, and if possible, their descendants to the present day. I know that there were at least two sons.

figlio ????
figlia ????
nipote. pronipote, nipotino ????

I believe that Enrico Giansanti and his wife are buried in Velletri. Does anyone have access to photos of grave markers in Velletri?

Many thanks. Molto grazie.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Giansanti family in Velletri

Post by Italysearcher »

Civil records for Velletri are available on microfilm ordered from www.familysearch.org (catalog) from 1871-1911. For records after 1911 you will have to write to the town office. (form letters can be found on line.
You might want to read my piece on cemeteries on my website before looking for grave markers.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
Limonata

Post by Limonata »

Thanks, Ann. I'll look into that.
Limonata

Post by Limonata »

I created a new account and logged in today to FamilySearch.org, but like my last visit many years ago, they still do not have information on my family members. There is no record of them in the database.

Does anyone have other suggestions?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

No point searching their database. Click on Catalog and search for Velletri. Then order the films you need and search them at the nearest Family History Centre to where you live. There are no shortcuts!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.