RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

Post by nuccia »

After reading through many posts today it has been clear due to changes in layout of the forum, and personal issues, life, work health etc that our presence here has been severely lacking and for that I do apologize. I am appalled to read through some threads in which some totally inappropriate and hateful/hurtful comments have been made totally ruining not only the integrity of the thread itself but the forum in general.

Hateful/hurtful comments of any kind, no matter how small will NOT be tolerated regardless of status or length of membership here. This is NOT what we're about here. Offending posters will be banned permanently with no warning. We have already had to remove a few and are in the process of determining whether threads can be *cleaned up* enough to be re posted or useless.

Please accept my apologizes and feel free to message me PRIVATELY or any of the other moderators should you notice any thread which needs to be revisited. Remember to provide a link to the issue and a reason why you feel the comment is offensive and we will review it immediately.

Thanks again for your participation here - we appreciate and welcome all and hope to continue to improve and grow!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
walkerf1

Re: RE: Inappriopriate Comments/Conduct

Post by walkerf1 »

I havent seen any but thankyou for apologising although this is not your fault :D
carolracana

Post by carolracana »

I haven't seen any either......maybe far & few between but totally not necessary.
We appreciate all that you do for us
Carol Racana
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Well said Nuccia!! I too have not been as active as I should be, however, as you pointed out, sometimes we do get caught up in our day to day life, outside of the internet! I hope to be more conscientious here at IG, even if I'm not posting daily. I think most of the older members know that we will always respond to private messages, but a good reminder to our newer members.

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
ray1955
Elite
Elite

Post by ray1955 »

This forum has helped me immensely and I am thankful for its members. Translations have also helped me read documents more quickly. I can not thank your members enough for their do diligence in responses. From a very humble researcher.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Donna could you give us the link to those posts? There are so many topics/threads it's not always easy to spot. Also, for future reference, you can mark any posts you feel are inappropriate or offensive by 'reporting' them and they will flag us immediately. These helps since we can not always access things immediately due to other 'life' obligations. Thanks so much! :)
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I have removed several posts this weekend about this same topic. Unfortunately spammers sometimes register on several names faster then we can delete them Please PM me the links.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database