Older family members

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Older family members

Post by SCarbonII »

I have run into a little wall looking for more members of my family tree. I have found a few hits that my be my 6x great grandfather, but I do not know if any of them are him. Here is what I know about him Domenico Carbone he was born in about 1740. I do not know who his wife was. He had 3 children: Pasquale Carbone born abt 1753, Giovanni Carbone born about 1762 (in Albano di Lucanio, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy?), Francesco Carbone born 4 May 1760 in Riardo, Caserta Italy. The last one is the one I know for sure, he is my great grandfather, and how I know of Domenico. Can anyone help me find more information about him, so I can add it to the family tree?

Thank you for your help
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Older family members

Post by nuccia »

I think at this point you may need to access Church records or even the Catasti if available to you for your Domenico. The Catasti would be costly but can be purchased BUT you would need to be absolutely certain you know the town of birth and that the record was taken AFTER his birth.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Thank you. For that information. That is my problem. I do not know when or where he was born. I will keep this in mind for when I do get that information.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Once you get this far back it is a crapshoot unless you hire a researcher or get lucky finding the right church registry. Do you have the baptism record of Francesco Carbone born 4 May 1760 in Riardo, Caserta Italy? If not where did you get that information?

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Yes adelfio I do have a copy of the records for Francesco Carbone from Riardo. Can you read them, and see where and when his parents: Domenico Carbone & Concetta Leardi? The person I hired to find the information up to them, told me he can not find any records of them being born in Riado, so they probably moved there before Francesco was born
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

Carbone is a very old family going back well over 800 years and I am sure there is lots of information about the family.
Pietro Carbone born ca. 1260 was Lord of Pazzano
Giovanni Carbone died ca. 1370 was the Governor of Gaeta
Guglielmo Carbone died 1418 was a Cardinal
Podulli is another place the Carbone family used to live.
It is worth while to collect information and given time the relationships will slowly appear. You must assume that all Carbone around the world are related.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Thank you Filmways

I will see if I can find information about Domenico Carbone & Concetta Leardi in there Gaeta, and Podulli. I know they were born about 1740, because their son was born in 1760. Wher ewould be a good online sorce for me to look for records that old in those locations?
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

I could post here a PDF file of your family (1250-1600) up to perhaps 5 pages If I knew how.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Would you please email the file to me? my email is SJC0211@aol.com

Thank you so much
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

It will take a few days to "select" the best parts and find out the best way to do it because PDF files are very "heavy" to upload and I do have limits.

I had a quick look and the total, with marriages, etc. is over 68 A4 pages.
The Carbone was a noble family and you can find all the info online, it is available to dowload from certain sites.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Do you have a Google account? You can upload the file to your Google drive, and share it with me, and I can download it from there. I have all of my Carbone family information on there myself. I can share it with you, if you would like it. Let me know what you think about this idea
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

I do not upload files. It will be stupid of me. My work is worth 10's of millions of dollars. I will selectively send you information. We are not related.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

I understand that.. Thank you for helping me Filmways.
Filmways
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Filmways »

11 Generations starting 1250 (5 pages) eMailed. let me know if you get it.
SCarbonII
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SCarbonII »

Yes I just got to my in box. I downloaded the pages. I will print them out tomorrow, and read over them. I will email you with any questions I may have. Thank you so much for sending the information to me.