Help with Fariello/ Campanelli/ Colosuonno

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jminer

Help with Fariello/ Campanelli/ Colosuonno

Post by Jminer »

Trying to find my grandmothers side of the family. My grand mother Angela fariello. Married to Giuseppe in Grumo Appula Bari. She was born on may 7th 1907, her parents are Rosa Colosuonno and Gaetano Campanelli. Cannot find anything before that. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Help with Fariello/ Campanelli/ Colosuonno

Post by Tessa78 »

Jminer wrote:Trying to find my grandmothers side of the family. My grand mother Angela fariello. Married to Giuseppe in Grumo Appula Bari. She was born on may 7th 1907, her parents are Rosa Colosuonno and Gaetano Campanelli. Cannot find anything before that. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Here is the link to the birth record of Angela Campanelli in 1907

Record #165
Dated 9 May 1907 in Grumo
Appearing before the official was Gaetano Campanelli, son of Vincenzo, age 29, peasant farmer residing in this town, to declare that at 4 AM on the 9th of May at the place at Via Foraginale #4, to Rosa Colasuonno, his wife, housewife residing with him, was born a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name ANGELA
Witnesses to the record were Giovanni Peragina, 58, barber; and Vincenzo Fariello, 50, carpenter, both residing in this town.
All signed the record.

NOTATION in column: Angela was married to Giuseppe Fariello on 13 October 1929 in Grumo

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015660801

MARRIAGE of Angela Campanelli and Giuseppe Fariello in 1929

Record #8 in Parte II, Serie A
Dated 16 October 1929
The official received from the Parish Church in Grumo the following...
On 13 October 1929 at the Parish Church of Grumo Appula, the Roman Catholic rite of marriage by priest Michele Campanelli, delegate of the parish... between
1 - Giuseppe Fariello, widower, age 36, peasant farmer born and residing in Grumo, son of deceased Francesco; and of living Irene Sibilano, residing in America
AND
2 - Angela Campanelli, age 22, housewife, born and residing in Grumo, daughter of Gaetano and of Rosa Colasuonno.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015695601

T.
Jminer

Post by Jminer »

OMG!!! Thank you so much. Cried when I read that. It took you 20 mins what is taking me weeks to find. Do you know where I can find anything on Rosa? I guess she would be my great grandmother?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jminer wrote:OMG!!! Thank you so much. Cried when I read that. It took you 20 mins what is taking me weeks to find. Do you know where I can find anything on Rosa? I guess she would be my great grandmother?
I posted the marriage as well while you were posting... :-)

I will continue to look for family working backwards...
We'll see what we can find!

T.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Gaetano Campanelli and of Rosa Colasuonno.
INDEX#45
1904 May 22nd in the town of Grumo Appula marriage of Gaetano Campanelli age 27 farmer born in Grumo son of Vincenzo Campanelli and Angela D'Erasmo married Rosa Colasuonno age 23 born in Grumo daughter of Giovanni Colasuonno and Maria Scarola
CLICK ON IMAGE CLICK TO ENLARGE
record-image (290).jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giovanni Colasuonno and Maria Scarola
INDEX#48
1878 Oct 26th in Grumo marriage of Giovanni Colasuonno age 28 farmer born in Grumo son of Carlo Colasuonno and Rosa Fariello married Maria Scarola age 22 born in Grumo daughter of Lorenzo Scarola and Anna Carmine Cassano
PG LINK TO RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Thanks for the help, Marty! :-)

Here is the birth record of a BROTHER of Angela Campanelli - born 1905

Record #195
Dated 22 May 1905 at town office in Grumo
Appearing is Gaetano Campanelli, son of Vincenzo, 28 year old peasant farmer residing in this town, to declare that at 2 AM on the 18th of the month of May at the place at Via Savonarola #16, to Rosa Colasuaonno, his wife, housewife, residing with him was born a male child who was presented and to whom was given the name VINCENZO

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1015662301

T.
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Here are some free Italian websites to help you research your ancestors -

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... o+di+Bari/ Only the province of Bari, which you will need. The Mormon website has restrictions on Bari preventing you from using it at home. However, the rest of the Mormon site for other provinces can be used at home.

https://familysearch.org/s/collection/l ... Id=1927178

http://www.italyworldclub.com/italian-communes/ - If you know the town or commune in Italy where your relatives came from, this last website will give you the province and region you'll need to use the first two websites.
Jminer

Post by Jminer »

You guys are wonderful!!!! I have tears of pure joy in my eyes. Thanks sooooo very much!!!
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Birth Record of Rosa Colasuonno – :D :D

Dated 20 March 1881 at 9:15 AM t the town office in Grumo
Before the official appeared Giovanni Colasuonno, 32, peasant farmer residing in this town, to declare that at 5:15 AM on the 19th of the current month, at the place at Via Monteverde #8, to Maria Scarola, his wife, spinner, living with him, was born a female child who was presented to the official and to whom was given the name ROSA.
Witnesses to the recording of this birth were Michele De Mauro, 33, peasant farmer; and Domenico Rella, 37, peasant farmer.
Only the official signed the act at the others were illiterate.

NOTATIONS in column:
~ On 22 May 1904, act #45, in Grumo, Rosa married with Gaetano Campanelli

~ On 10 November 1974, act #85 Parte I, Rosa died in Grumo Appula (that would make her about 93) :D

Top left of page. Place the cursor over the page for magnifier...
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... 8.jpg.html

T.
Jminer

Post by Jminer »

Anyone else having an issue with the Antenait.san web site?
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Jminer wrote:Anyone else having an issue with the Antenait.san web site?

Just tried to long in and it just keeps trying to connect.
Try again at a later time.

T.
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Jminer wrote:Anyone else having an issue with the Antenait.san web site?
Still not working...
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

Today it is "Labour day" and it is very unlikely that some one will fix the Antenati site...