Adoption records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amelia

Adoption records

Post by amelia »

I would like to know whether it is possible to find the real parents of my father.
He was adopted in 1928, a few months after he was born. Perhaps in Palermo.
My father did want to find his parents but when he went to the courts at the age of 18, he was too afraid and declined to know who they were at that time.
Many years ago he asked me to find out. I went to the records dept in Palermo but they would not tell me.
Is it possible to find the real names of his parents and what is the best way?
I know the surname left by his birth mother.
He was adopted in Palermo but has a medallion that appears to read RIETI. Does this mean he was initially in Rieti, the small town?
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Adoption records

Post by adelfio »

You would have to get his birth act what is his name? It would have his mothers name on it if your info is correct or if he was a foundling it would be very tough.The towns of Rieti and Palermo are about 1000 kilometers away

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
amelia

Post by amelia »

Thank you for your reply.
The surname given was "Pucci" . The certificate is difficult to read but it appears that it was in !939 that he went to court where he was officially given the surname he has now.
Do you think it would it be possible to get a copy of the original court documents. If so how would i go about it?

The little medallion had the inscription - Cappella della Maddalena , Fonte colombo - Rieti.
I am very curious because of the long distance, how she came about having it??
He also was given a medallion with Palermo and a number . I am assuming it was his number given at the orphanage.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again for responding.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Don't know if you got this in the PM
Send for his birth act see if it is Rieti try email first if no response in 30 daysyou will have to go postal request
email:demografici@comune.rieti.it
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Rieti
Piazza V. Emanuele II, n.1
02100 Rieti (RI)
Italy

OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di nascita o l’estratto completo dell’atto di nascita di Aurelio Pucci

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Rieti. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di nascita di queste persone:
Nome e cognome: Aurelio Pucci
Luogo di nascita: Rieti
Data di nascita: 1828
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL PHOTO ID

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty