Researching my Sicilian roots

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
vin

Researching my Sicilian roots

Post by vin »

Hello All,
I’m looking for info on the Vullo family from Marianopli, Sicily and the Nottarigo family from Villarosa, Sicily. These are my father’s families.

From ancestry.com I’ve been able to find these surnames: Lentini, Livolsi and Tombarto,
Any links to more information on any of these names would be much appreciated.
Thank You!
-Vin
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Researching my Sicilian roots

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website
Is John Vullo son of Filippo Vullo and Salvatrice Lombardo born in Marianopli and his wife Giacoma Notarrigo the family your researching out of Buffalo, Erie, New York

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
vin

Post by vin »

Yes, my father's father and mother...
I've only seen Salvatrice's last name as "Tombarto" though I've suspected it was Lombardo.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Filippo Vullo and Salvatrice Lombardo
INDEX#25
1895 Oct 19th in the town of Marianopoli marriage of Filippo Vullo age 29 born in Marianopoli son of deceased Francesco Paolo Vullo and deceased Carolina Dato married to Salvatrice Lombardo age 17 seamstress born in Marianopoli daughter of deceased Giovanni Lombardo and Antonina Schifano
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
31372_194228-01284.jpg
Marty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Filippo Vullo
INDEX#43
1866 May 1st in the town of Marianopoli birth Filippo Vullo son of Francesco Paolo Vullo age 29 (son of deceased Cataldo Vullo and Rosa Auria) and wife Carolina Dato age 29 (daughter of Giuseppe Dato and Maria Carmela Palermo)
31372_194227-01173.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth of Salvatrice Lombardo
INDEX#119
1877 Nov 16th in the town of Marianopoli birth of Salvatrice Lombardo daughter of Giovanni Lombardo age 29 (son of deceased Cosmo Lombardo) and his wife Antonina Schifano age 35 (daughter of Francesco Shifano and Tommasa Lombardo
31372_194302-02443 (1).jpg
Marty

Marty
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

adelfio wrote:Birth of Salvatrice Lombardo
INDEX#119
1877 Nov 16th in the town of Marianopoli birth of Salvatrice Lombardo daughter of Giovanni Lombardo age 29 (son of deceased Cosmo Lombardo) and his wife Antonina Schifano age 35 (daughter of Francesco Shifano and Tommasa Lombardo
Salvatrice was born the day Nov 15 1877, the birth was registered on the 16th.
adelfio wrote:Birth of Filippo Vullo
INDEX#43
1866 May 1st in the town of Marianopoli birth Filippo Vullo son of Francesco Paolo Vullo age 29 (son of deceased Cataldo Vullo and Rosa Auria) and wife Carolina Dato age 29 (daughter of deceased Giuseppe Dato and Maria Carmela Palermo)
Filippo was born April 30 1866, the birth was registered on May 1st
vin

Post by vin »

This is amazing information, thank you!
I now have more leads and names to research!

If you have anything else, please post it here.
Thanks,
Vin
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Death of Francesco Paolo Vullo
INDEX#92
1890 Nov 30th in the town of Marianopoli in a house on via Vullo #11 death of Francesco Paolo Vullo age 53 son of deceased Cataldo Vullo and deceased Rosa Auria husband of Teresa Palermo(must have remarried)
31372_194228-02596.jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Giovanni Lombardo and Antonina Schifano
INDEX#18
1871 Aug 14th in the town of Marianopoli marriage of Giovanni Lombardo son of deceased Cosmo Lombardo and Maria Agro and 23 born in Marianopoli married to Antonina Schifano age 30 born in Marianopoli widow of Antonio Alessi daughter of Francesco Schifano and Tommasa Lombardo

31372_194228-00798 (1).jpg
Birth record of Giovanni Lombardo
INDEX#14
1843 Feb 22nd in the town of Marianopoli birth of Giovanni Lombardo son of Cosmo Lombardo age 40(1803) farmer and Maria Agro age 30(1813)

31372_194301-01945.jpg
Birth record of Antonina Schifano
INDEX#17
1851 Mar 19th in the town of Marianopoli birth of Antonina Schifano daughter of Francesco Schifano age 36 farmer and Tommasa Lombardo age 29

31372_194301-01946.jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Marriage of Vincenzo Vullo(brother of Filippo Vullo) and Rosaria Nicosia
INDEX#11
1901 June 5th in the town of Marianopoli marriage of Vincenzo Vullo age 30 born in Marianopoli son of deceased Francesco Paolo Vullo and deceased Carolina Dato married to Rosaria Nicosia age 20 born in Marianopoli daughter of Calogero Nicosia and Diega Amico
31372_194228-01410.jpg
Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

To research your Notarrigo family Unfortunately there are no online records of Villarosa province Enna you would have to go to your local Family History Library and rent and view the Registri dello stato civile di Villarosa (Caltanissetta), 1820-1910.Civil registration of births, marriages, deaths, marriage banns, records of citizenship, supplemental documents from Villarosa, Caltanissetta, Italy. Since 1927 Villarosa has been part of the Enna province. Some records may be missing or out of order. Text in Italian.
FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY LOCATOR
https://familysearch.org/locations/centerlocator

ORDERING FILMS FROM FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... ory_Center

ABOUT ITALIAN RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/ ... al_Records

FILMS OF VILLAROSA FROM FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Marty

Marty
vin

Post by vin »

Thanks so much for this information. Thank you for taking the time to help us find so much more about our family.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You are welcome glad to help

Marty

Marty
marymary52
Veteran
Veteran

Post by marymary52 »

Great RESEARCHING adelfio!