finding birth certificates or baptismal records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
maria12000

finding birth certificates or baptismal records

Post by maria12000 »

My grandfather was from Vallelunga Pratameno. He immigrated in 1912 at 21 years old. He left a mother and brothers in Vallelunga. I do not know their names. I do not know if my grandfather was born there, but was wondering how to find copies of his birth certificate or baptism records. I cannot find a name and address of a Catholic church in Vallelunga or a town hall with records. Can anyone help.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: finding birth certificates or baptismal records

Post by suanj »

no necessary to write in the church, is necessary to write an email to Vallelunga Common( Servizi Demografici offices), and you can request the birthact :
servizidemografici@comune.vallelunga.cl.it
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

There are also microfilm records available for this town, if you want to look for yourself.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... prePARTOF=

Debbie
maria12000

Post by maria12000 »

Thanks to you all !! Will let you know the results asap.

Maria
maria12000

Post by maria12000 »

Much thanks to suanj who wrote me a Italian letter to locate my ancestors in Vallelunga Pratameno. I have had great success and am writing regularly to him at this time. I have found my great grandparents names and dates of birth and death and all of my Uncles living in Italy. We are working on family history and trading photographs via the internet. How far we have come in technology. It is great. Thanks to all who have helped me in the past.

Maria
kristine

Post by kristine »

My great-great grandparents are from Lucca. I have a record of my great-great grandfather arriving at Ellis Island in 1900. I want to find their birth records. I saw a posting that they would be held at the Lucca Vital Records. Where do I reach them? Kristine