LDS Film for the city of Palermo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pmarino1

LDS Film for the city of Palermo, Sicily

Post by pmarino1 »

Quick question: I am researching my 3X great-grandparents Luigi Sammaritano and Michela Campodonico from the city of Palermo, Sicily. I've found their marriage date and certificate number in Palermo marriage index on 31 Jan 1862. It is listed as "Marriage place: Città, Volume 424, Number 81". I want to order the corresponding LDS film that contains the actual certificate but I am thoroughly confused as their are probably over 100 films and I do not see the "Città" district anywhere on this list. I see "Sant'Agata", "Santa Oliva", "Zisa", "Molo", and a bunch of the other old divisions of the city but nothing "Città". I understand that these were all the difference "sezioni" of the city but does anyone know which films correspond to "Città" ? Also, if it says Ufficio 1, Ufficio 2, what films correspond to those? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter Marino
marinopj@aol.com
Best Regards,

Peter Marino
marinopj@aol.com
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: LDS Film for the city of Palermo, Sicily

Post by suanj »

Peter, by this index the names are:
Luigi SAMMARTINO son of Antonino SAMMARTINO and Vittoria GIULIANO married at Michela CAMPODONICO' in Palermo on 31 Jun 1862 volume 424 Numero 81

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.anc ... /m/6sz.txt

suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
carubia
Master
Master

Post by carubia »

At least in Agrigento, the name Samaritano is spelled with 1 m whereas Sammartino (which was also written San Martino) is with 2 m's.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

1862 matrimonio is not on that film list you will have to request that record from the archivio
and it will be a charge they will email you with the amount Email your request

Archivio di Stato di Palermo
Via Vittorio Emanuele 31,
90133 Palermo(PA)
e-mail: as-pa@beniculturali.it
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Luigi Sammaritano and Michela Campodonico

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Palermo. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Luigi Sammaritano di Antonino
Nome e cognome della moglie: Michela Campodonico
Luogo di matrimonio: Palermo
Data di matrimonio: giugno 31,1862
Volume 424 Numero 81
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
pmarino1

Post by pmarino1 »

suanj wrote:Peter, by this index the names are:
Luigi SAMMARTINO son of Antonino SAMMARTINO and Vittoria GIULIANO married at Michela CAMPODONICO' in Palermo on 31 Jun 1862 volume 424 Numero 81

suanj
Suanj,

Thank you very much for your correction of both the surname and date of marriage. Right now I am uncertain of the SAMMARITANO vs. SAMMARTINO issue - I've seen it spelled many differ ways in different places; SAMMARITANO was the most used.

Peter Marino
Best Regards,

Peter Marino
marinopj@aol.com
pmarino1

Post by pmarino1 »

adelfio wrote:1862 matrimonio is not on that film list you will have to request that record from the archivio
and it will be a charge they will email you with the amount Email your request

Archivio di Stato di Palermo
Via Vittorio Emanuele 31,
90133 Palermo(PA)
e-mail: as-pa@beniculturali.it
Italy
OGGETTO: richiesta foto copia integrale dell'atto di matrimonio di Luigi Sammaritano and Michela Campodonico

Gentilissima Signora, Gentile Signore,
Mi chiamo YOURNAME Sto facendo una ricerca sui miei antenati e ho bisogno delle informazioni dai vostri registri. I miei antenati provennero da Palermo. Vorrei sapere di più di loro.
La ringrazio anticipatamente di voler comunicare i costi di spese di riproduzione e postali per atti di matrimoni di queste persone:
Nome e cognome del marito: Luigi Sammaritano di Antonino
Nome e cognome della moglie: Michela Campodonico
Luogo di matrimonio: Palermo
Data di matrimonio: giugno 31,1862
Volume 424 Numero 81
Se non avete i registri corrispondenti, potete fornire l’indirizzo dell’archivio dove in cui i registri possano essere trovati?
Nell'attesa della sua risposta le invio cordiali saluti.
YOUR NAME ADDRESS EMAIL

Marty
Thank you Marty, for that great email outline, it was extremely helpful. I did not realize 1862 was not among the LDS films. Reaching out to Italian archives at Palermo seems like my best option.

Thanks again,
Peter Marino
Best Regards,

Peter Marino
marinopj@aol.com
pmarino1

Post by pmarino1 »

suanj wrote:Peter, by this index the names are:

suanj
Suanj,

Thanks again for the correction to the surname and date of marriage. I am still unsure of the SAMMARITANO vs. SAMMARTINO issue as I've seen it both ways in different places. SAMMARITANO seems to be the most correct and the name that appears most.

Thank you for your information!
Best Regards,

Peter Marino
marinopj@aol.com