Galardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rinaforte14

Galardi

Post by rinaforte14 »

I am looking for some more information about my family. Any information would be of great help.

My mother, Filomena Galardi, was born in Sesto Campano on 7 Aug 1924. She was later married to my father Cosmo Forte of the same town (he was born 7 Dec 1928). I am interested in my mother's side in this topic. Here is what I know:

Filomena Galardi's parents were Anna (not sure of her maiden name) and Francesco Galardi. Her siblings consisted of Francesco, Lucia, and Anna (there were a few other siblings but cannot remember them right now). Both of Filomena's parents were from Sesto Campano as far as I know.

Filomena married Cosmo Forte and had three children: Pierina, Livia, and Lidia. In the 1970s, the Forte family moved to the United States and settled in Rochester, NY (would love to see if there is a ship manifest for this journey). Filomena later died in Rochester, NY in 1993 and Cosmo moved back to Italy.

Hopefully this is enough information for someone to begin their search for me. THANK YOU! CIAO!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Galardi

Post by PeterTimber »

May I suggest you obtain the book Italian Genealogical Records by Trafford R. Cole and start researching your family genealogy. If you hit a brick swall then get back to us.
~Peter~
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Galardi

Post by adelfio »

Did you send for Filomena birth act
Related thread
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/i ... logy/31830

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty