Davito Gara

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
StephanieK

Re: Davito Gara

Post by StephanieK »

Discovered that Luigi Davito Gara had one brother, Giovanni, and 3 sisters, Marietta, Gianna and Cristina...with father being Michele. It is also my understanding that in Italian culture it is customary for a male child to be named for their grandfather. So Michele's father should be Giovanni, im guessing. Not sure if or how this would be helpful...Any ideas?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

who know.... if helpful ....
however the civil records of Rocca ( later Rocca Canavese) of napoleonic era ( 1803 abt to 1813) are here http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ico/Rocca/
they are wrote in French .. and I found many records abt Davito-Gara.. Rocca was a little village so no many records... fast to search.... maybe interesting for you...
regards,
suanjhttp://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Arc ... ico/Rocca/
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
dbc2014
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dbc2014 »

I have in my tree a Luigi Davito-Gara, born June 8, 1891 in Rocca Canavese. Father Michele, mother Domenica Nepote-Brandolin. I also have the indexes for births from 1866-1910 for Rocca. There was no Luigi Davito Gara born in 1892 in Rocca according to the indexes. Hope this helps.
dbc2014
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dbc2014 »

Forgot to add: this Luigi did have a sister Cristina Maria Davito-Gara. I didn't see a Giovanni, Giovanna or Marietta. Marietta could be a surname (I have lots of Marietta's from Cirie in my line).