Immigration Records for Giovanna DeTora

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Immigration Records for Giovanna DeTora

Post by demari18 »

I am interested in finding the immigration record for Giovanna DeTora. Her birth name was Maria Giovanna DeTora. She was born on January 15, 1891 in Casale, Italy which is near Teano. I have a photo of her in Italy at her brother's marriage in 1906 and one US census records her date of immigration as 1906. Her brother Palmino immigrated in 1907 through Boston and the kind person on Italiangenealogy that found that record for me found it under the spelling DeCora. I would appreciate any help that can be given concerning Giovanna. DeMari
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Immigration Records for Giovanna DeTora

Post by suanj »

Hi, on her birth act the full name was Maria Giovanna DeTora born in Casale ( Teano) on 15 Jan 1891 daughter of Andrea De Tora- 42 old farm hand -and of Marta Pisano..
so maybe she travelled under full name...
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paolo47 »

Hello, :D
Here is a possible 1902 manifest for Giovanna if you haven't seen it. The age is close and she is visiting Uncle Giovanni Ragosta (sp) I guess she could have traveled back to Casale for the wedding in 1906?

First Name: Giovanna
Last Name: De Tara
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian
Last Place of Residence: asali d' T
Date of Arrival: Dec 03, 1902
Age at Arrival: 11y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Victoria
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0001

http://postimg.org/image/6zxrtdhpv/

Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.
demari18
Elite
Elite

Post by demari18 »

Dear Paul, That is an amazing find with age and the last place of residence is Casale d'Teano which is where she was born but I do not know Giovanni Ragosta and as far as I know no one in the family ever talked about relatives in New Jersey. There was a step brother Giovanni Caruso but he lived in Rhode Island. Thank you very much. I will check with the family about New Jersey. DeMari