crespi-basso-delledonne-procida?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lidia_crispi

crespi-basso-delledonne-procida?

Post by lidia_crispi »

I need help, please, my grandgrandfather was born at Sicily, about 1856, his parents were Peter and Carolina Sica, he was married with Giuseppa Delledonne,(his parents were Francesco and Anna Russo). My problem is that when they arrived to Argentina, my grandgrandfather´s surname was bad written, because they wrote Giovanni Prossi, but we belive thas correctly was Procida,(or souuds like this). I asked in Palermo, where we know that he was born but they answered me that they can not help me because I need to have his surname. Please . How can I get it? Sorry, but my English is not as good as I wish :oops: Thanks a lot
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: crespi-basso-delledonne-procida?

Post by ricbru »

Lidia,
ask to Comune of Palermo to look up to birth index of 1856, or ask the same thing to Archivio di Stato di Palermo, and see if there is Giovanni Procida, son of Pietro and Carolina Sica.
Good luck, bye ricbru
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: crespi-basso-delledonne-procida?

Post by brujaojos »

lidia_crispi wrote:I need help, please, my grandgrandfather was born at Sicily, about 1856, his parents were Peter and Carolina Sica, he was married with Giuseppa Delledonne,(his parents were Francesco and Anna Russo). My problem is that when they arrived to Argentina, my grandgrandfather´s surname was bad written, because they wrote Giovanni Prossi, but we belive thas correctly was Procida,(or souuds like this). I asked in Palermo, where we know that he was born but they answered me that they can not help me because I need to have his surname. Please . How can I get it? Sorry, but my English is not as good as I wish :oops: Thanks a lot
Hi There,

The link below might help you find when your ancestors arrived. You have to register, but it's free. Click on the words "Find Your Roots", create a user name and password and then you can search for Brazil and Argentina

http://www.italians-world.org/Italy/BancaDatiGb.htm

This link has some helpful genealogy links abour Argentina.
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/b11_index.html

Roots Web Message Boards
http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?htx=b ... .argentina

Here are some websites that might be helpful with you trying to locate your ancestors.

www.imigrantesitalianos.com.br/

www.cemla.com/paginas/..._otros.htm

www.loc.gov/rr/interna...yebd5.html

www.italianancestry.co...tion7.html

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum