LaBosco - Capalango

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Luanne

LaBosco - Capalango

Post by Luanne »

Looking for info on these 2 families. My ggrandfather came to the US in the late 1800's, I believe it was in 1889. Ellis Island has no records before 1892. I do have Ancestry.com but they don't give much info on Italian records. My grandfather was born in Italy, I believe. He came to the US. When he was older, he went back to serve in the Italian Army. Please contact me.

Thanks ahead for any help.

Luanne
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: LaBosco - Capalango

Post by mfjp »

Just wondering if you found your GGrandfather's ships records...

If you want a search done, please provide more info... year of birth, siblings, spouse, children etc. If you know the town they were from, please mention. If you know where your GGrandparents settled in the USA, please mention.

As for the Italian records, you can order film at a Family History Center.

Linking you a post created by Trish.

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/inde ... pic&t=2581

mfjp
Luanne

Re: LaBosco - Capalango

Post by Luanne »

I had requested a copy of my grandfather's death cert. for the info on my ggrandparents. The cert. stated that my grandfather Charles LaBosco was born in New York, when I requested a copy of his birth cert., NYS said there is no record of him in New York City. I know that when his wife received his birth cert., it was in Italian with the name of Vincenzo C LaBosco. I know that they used to go back and forth to Italy, so he could have been born there on a visit. My ggrandfathers name was Andrew LaBosco born 1/25/1874 in Italy, my ggrandmother was Angelina Capalango, I believe she was from Palermo. I don't have much info. They passed on right after my mom was born. I am having a hard time trying to get info on them. If you know of anything or ideas, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again.
Luanne