Looking for family of Lorenzo Matarese and Carolina D'Ambra

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Looking for family of Lorenzo Matarese and Carolina D'Ambra

Post by siskojnash »

I'm trying to find birth and marriage records for Lorenzo Matarese and Carolina D'Ambra. I don't have approx. birth years for either person, but Lorenzo's father was named Giuseppe. So far, I know of four children: Rosa, Maddalena, Carmela, and Francesco Paolo. I'll attach their birth records below.
December 27, 1891 - Francesco Paolo Matarese and Anna Maria Cigliano Marriage - Family.jpg
February 1868 - Francesco Paolo Matarese.jpg
July 8, 1862 - Carmela Matarese - Family.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Looking for family of Lorenzo Matarese and Carolina D'Am

Post by siskojnash »

Here are the birth records for Rosa and Maddalena Matarese. I couldn't attach everything to a single post.
July 1859 - Maddalena Matarese.jpg
October 9, 1857 - Rosa Matarese - Family.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

what is their town of origin in Italy? Peter
~Peter~
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Sorry. I can't believe I forgot to mention that. the town is Forio d'Ischia.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I would look for the death record of Lorenzo Matarese might be easier for he was dead at the time of the marriage of Francesco Paolo Matarese and Anna Maria Cigliano On the birth record of Francesco Paolo Matarese his father Lorenzo Matarese is 57 mother 48

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I just came across the birth record for Carolina D'Ambra. I don't have the marriage record, though, so can't be absolutely certain this is the right person. The name "Carolina" doesn't seem to be a common one, though. Could someone please translate this?
June 4, 1821 - Carolina D'Ambra p1.jpg
June 4, 1821 - Carolina D'Ambra p2.jpg
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

INDEX#93
1821 June 4th in the town of Forio birth of Carolina Maria D'Ambra daughter of Mattia D'Ambra age 50 farm worker and Loreta Iacona age 41 baptized the same day at the church of S. Vito

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you. I seem to be having problems finding the marriage record and birth record for Lorenzo Matarese.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

I did a quick search I think that might have either been married in 1849 no records online or before 1840 no records online I looked through the years with no indexes also

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Do you think the records for those years might have been destroyed at some point? Or could the Mormons have just missed some records? I wonder if it'll still be possible to find the birth record for Lorenzo Matarese. I seem to have been able to do that with his wife.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

There isn't a marriage publication record for those years, is there? Thank you very much for taking the time with this.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

siskojnash wrote:There isn't a marriage publication record for those years, is there? Thank you very much for taking the time with this.
No publications on film or online I checked 1809 1810 births (no indexes) for Lorenzo Matarese nothing I would check the death records 1863-1865 that have no indexes its page by page

Marty

Marty
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I just checked the death records for 1863-1865 to find Lorenzo Matarese. No luck. Weird that it's proving difficult to find out anything about him.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

siskojnash wrote:I just checked the death records for 1863-1865 to find Lorenzo Matarese. No luck. Weird that it's proving difficult to find out anything about him.
If he fathered a child in 1868 then Lorenzo won't have died during this time frame. Reading through the forum it says that he had died before December 1891. I checked the indices 1886-1891 first and then worked backwards (only 2 years) so it hasn't taken too long too find.

Death Record Lorenzo Matarese No 111 (Husband of Carolina d'Ambra)

Recorded 15 November 1884, 3.15 pm, Forio
Lorenzo Matarese died today, 11.30 am, Via San Giovanni #49, age 73 (1811), farmer, born and living in Forio, son of deceased Giuseppe, farmer, living when alive in Forio, and son of the late Maria Cigliano, Filatrice - cotton spinner, seamstress, living in life in Forio. He was the husband of Carolina D'Ambra.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... Q:47201201

Angela
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! Now i just need to get his birth record, since it seems like i can't find the marriage one.