luogosano avellino civil records missing records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

luogosano avellino civil records missing records

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i'm trying to find the death record for my 2nd great grandmother in luogosano.unfortunately she died in the time period 1862-1865-and those years are missing in both the civil registers and the state archives.i've personally researched the lds films.those years are missing.and i also wrote to the parish of s.maria maggiore e s.marcellino in luogosano.no documents for that time period.i'm 99% certain this is the correct time period,as 1.husband giovanni died there in 1849 2.she was living in luogosano as of 1852 when her son,my great grandfather married in luogosano 3.when my great grandfather died in 1884 in luogosano she had deceased.that means she died between 1852 and 1884,i checked every year in that time period-and the only years missing are 1862-1865.deaths acts end in 1861 and continue in 1866.any suggestions as to any other possible research options would be most welcome.i'm out of ideas.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Re: luogosano avellino civil records missing records

Post by Anizio »

It sounds like you answered your own question.

If there are no civil or parish records, then there are no records.

If you are looking to trace her line, my advice is to try and find her marriage record, which will list her father, and then use that to find her birth record.

But if you really need her death record, you're out of luck because you just said it doesn't exist.
Unless there is another parish in Luogosano that is.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i have her marriage record.lapio 1803.pre civil registration.it was sent to me by the priest at s.maria maggiore e s. marcellino.my request was for both the death record of rosa martino and the marriage of giovanni ricca and rosa martino.but no parents names were found in the record.its very hard to read but there are no parents names listed.still,it contains no references to her death.luogosano is a very tiny comune.only 1 parish.population about 1000.and the priest in luogosano covers nearby lapio as well.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

No a marriage record will not contain a reference to her death. As I said, from your information there is NO record of her death that exists.

I find it hard to believe her marriage record would not contain her fathers name at the very least. I have never heard of that problem. I suggest you post it and ask for help reading it to be sure.

Also, if she was married in 1803 then there is a chance she had a child during the Napoleonic record years, in which case you could find the birth of one of her children and on that record it may list her age - using that you could track down her birth year, or at least an approximation of it.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i have her approximate birth year.1785.she was 30 in 1815 according to the birth record of son francesco saverio,my great grandfather.that would make her about 18 at the time of her marriage in 1803.the marriage record is extremely difficult to read.its very short and basically just gives the names of the bride and groom.i could post it but it probably won't do any good.if she had married after 1809 when civil records were recorded in this area,her parents would have been mentioned.but even that information wouldnt be relevant in finding her death record.but this isnt the case.church records were different.but the bottom line is-no acts of death in luogosano were recorded,for whatever reason,in 1862-1865.
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

I recommend you post the marriage record.

I also recommend you abandon your search for a non-existant death record, if you are sure it occurred in the time for which there are no records. No one can help you find a record that doesn't exist or was destroyed.

If you are interested in her line, find her baptismal record, her parents names, their marriage record, and continue your genealogy from there.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

tried that already.for some reason there are no baptismal records available in lapio,where she was born according to the priest at s.maria maggiore e s.marcellino,for the time period 1785.thats why i'm trying other methods.just my luck,of all the missing years for death records in luogosano,it had to be these years.as she would have been close to 80 at this time,theres a good chance this is when she died.