Converting Document Files to Photo Files Quickly

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Converting Document Files to Photo Files Quickly

Post by rp76226 »

I know that I can print a document page in my computer files and then scan it into my computer as a photo. However, when there are dozens of document pages that I wish to convert to photos, this is a slow tedious process wasting a lot of paper and ink. Is there a better, quicker way to convert document files to photo files without printing and scanning them? If so, must I still do one page at a time or can I specify in one step, multiple document file pages to convert to photo files?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Converting Document Files to Photo Files Quickly

Post by liviomoreno »

I use a free product: IrfanView, capable to read image files as well as pdf files. You may find the product here: http://www.irfanview.com/. Install also the PlugIns.

Open your PDF document with IrfanView, go to OPtions and click "Extract Frames"
Anizio
Elite
Elite

Post by Anizio »

You can do this without downloading anything. There are many services available online that can perform that function

What kind of document is it you are trying to convert into an image.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
rp76226
Master
Master

Post by rp76226 »

Open Office 4 (free generic version/immitation of Microsoft Word).