atto di nascita translation/deciphering

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Re: atto di nascita translation/deciphering

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

how do i do that? i just checked what appears to be26/9/1904 i went there but cant find anything.no idea if its a marriage or a death.nothing under marriages for that date.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

i see no option on copying the link.how does that work? i right click but the option i see is copy which will only send it to my folder.i need to forward it to the site.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

mezzogiorno62,

Since there is no record number referenced in the margin notation about the marriage, and there are two dates, one for the actual date of marriage and another for when the marriage was recorded, I believe Salvatora married in another town. If that's the case, there won't be a marriage act in the Barcellona records.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

If one or both of her parents recognized her, I believe that that information would have been added to her original birth act.

Biff
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

the marriage was in barcellona biff.no.119 image 2158.i have that.oct.16 1900.its the date under that-which apopears to be 26/9/1904-that is confusing.i have the page open now with that marriage.if i could upload it here you could see it for yourself.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

thats not the same image i have biff.it appears salvatora's surname is accetto.father santi and her mother sebastiana pino.where did you find this link? in her 1879 birth in barcellona she's salvatora laudani.ignoti genitori.the whole purpose of my search with this subject is to try and connect her to francesco landino,common law husband of maria bonarrigo.maria bonarrigo was my grandmothers wetnurse and her virtual mother,although not her birth mother.francesco and maria appear to have never married,living common law.they had 3 children that i can confirm-all born in barcellona pg.salvatore in 1872,rosalia in 1877,and mattia in 1880.the birth of salvatora in 1879 appears very suspiciously like another child of this"unmarried"couple.this is the information i'm trying to clarify.i hoped to find a link with francesco landino and maria bonarrigo-and there doesnt appear to be.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Here's a link to the marriage record image you found. The one I posted was for their marriage banns. As you stated, record no. 119.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,179088401

Biff
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

yes.thats the one.but as i said,in salvatora's birth record-marginal notes-under the october 1900 marriage there a date of what appears to be 26/9/1904.but no idea on what act that applies to.
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

mezzogiorno62 wrote:yes.thats the one.but as i said,in salvatora's birth record-marginal notes-under the october 1900 marriage there a date of what appears to be 26/9/1904.but no idea on what act that applies to.
That is the date that the official recorded the notation for the marriage onto the birth record.
You will not find a document for that date...

If there was a recognition, that is usually noted on the birth record as Biff stated.
Another possibility is that you will find it in the marriage allegati, if a recognition occurred.
That would be needed to verify the surname on the birth record and the bride's surname as identify the same person.

T.
mezzogiorno62
Master
Master

Post by mezzogiorno62 »

after looking over these records i'm finding some unexpected findings.in her 1879 birth record salvatora is presented to the civil registrar by her"wetnurse"sebastiana pino.no father is noted and its declared that the birth mother requests not to be named.then,at the 1900 marriage of salvatora,sebastiana,her wetnurse,turns out to be her mother.very similiar to my paternal grandmothers birth in 1883,also in barcellona.as in the case of salvatora,my grandmother is presented to the civil registrar by maria bonarrigo,her wetnurse,who also declared that the birth mother declined to be named.maria became my grandmothers virtual mother and accompanied her to boston in 1902 where she died 10 days later.my grandmother referred to maria bonarrigo as her mother and never her adopted mother.now i'm wondering if,in reality,maria bonarrigo could have been her natural mother,as in the case of salvatora.how many women would take their"adoptive"daughter to america? it would have made more sense for maria bonarrigo to have taken one of her natural daughters with her(rosalia and mattia)to reside with her son salvatore,the oldest child.francesco landino,the husband,is another story.in the 1872 birth of son salvatore,maria is noted as his wife.in the 1877 birth of their daughter rosalia,the couple is noted as"non conjugale" or not married.in the 1880 birth of mattia,maria bonarrigo is noted as the mother(another wetnurse presented the child to the civil registrar unlike the first 2 births,in which francesco presented the children to the registrar)and francesco's whereabouts are noted as unknown.after 1880 he seems to totally dissappear.but in the boston death record in 1902,francesco is noted on the death of"wife"maria bonarrigo as surviving her,although i could find no death information for him in or near barcellona,nor in palermo,his birthplace.the man becomes a ghost.all this explains the possible connection i was trying to make between salvatora and the other children of francesco and maria.