Assistance with Atti - Record # 101

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lparrinelli

Assistance with Atti - Record # 101

Post by lparrinelli »

Hi everyone !! My Italian is rusty so I was wondering if someone could help me with the translation of a document that I found with the marriage records?? Please.

I believe it says that on Dec 5, 1871 Vincenzo Marchiolo, son of deceased Gaetano, 42, born and living in Galati along with his wife Maria Saveria Parrinelli, 45 had a baby boy.

This is what I am confused about the name?? It shows 3 names with commas and the word "and" in it however when they announce the sex of the baby they say "UN" bambino. Did she have triplets??? At 45 year old? Is that even possible? LOL :shock: Or does this child just have a VERY long name???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Assistance with Atti - Record # 101

Post by TerraLavoro »

The name being given to the baby is Ignazio Antonio Taddeo Marchiolo. It is confusing because of the "and", I agree.

Many of us have ancestors with "tre nomi"--three names. The clerk's use of the "and" however,is something I have not seen in my family records though.
TerraLavoro
lparrinelli

Re: Assistance with Atti - Record # 101

Post by lparrinelli »

Thank you soooo much. Since I am out of practice with my Italian I thought I was missing something?? And when I realized she was 45 I thought how could this be??? With the commas and the "e" and my less than stellar Italian, I couldn't figure it out.

I appreciate your help !!! Have a great weekend !!