Marcuccio family in Caserta, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LJMarcucio

Marcuccio family in Caserta, Italy

Post by LJMarcucio »

Hi I am looking for information regarding possible siblings of my great grandfather, Stefano Gaetano Marcuccio born in 1872. He married Palma Palladino (born 1870 in Caiazzo) and they emigrated to the US in 1892 settling in Derby, CT. I learned from his obituary that his father was Antonio Marcuccio born 1824 from Caserta and died in 1892 in Ruviano and his mother was Giovanna (Rose) Lostritto. I have heard anecdotally (and not verified) that he had an older half brother named Diodato (born in Caiazzo in 1854) and married Madelena Ponsillo. One of their children, Raffael, married Antonia Mastroianni, and they emigrated to the US in 1926 settling in Waterbury, CT. I am wondering what is my best next step in learning and verifying any possible siblings that may have remained in Italy. My particular interest is if any of my relatives are still residing in Italy. I am planning a trip for Fall 2016 and it would be great to meet some of them. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Marcuccio family in Caserta, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Welcome to IG website heres some information for you

Marriage of Stefano Marcuccio and Palma Palladino
Index 16
1892 May 23rd in the town of Caiazzo appeared Stefano Marcuccio age 20 farmer born in Ruviano son of deceased Antonio Marcuccio and Giovanna Lostritto resided in Ruviano married Palma Palladino age 22 farmer born in Caiazzo daughter of Gaetano Palladino and deceased Maria Rosa Giannelli

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349518901

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
LJMarcucio

Post by LJMarcucio »

Thanks Marty for your quick response and for the link to their marriage record. Now know he was born in Ruviano. Do you think a obituary for Antonio or Giovanna may exist which would list their other children besides Stefano?
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

You would have to look for their death records online for Ruviano there are indexes in the back of the year your searching

PG LINK TO RECORDS
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... %3D2043630

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Stefano Marcuccio
Index#21
1872 Mar 18th in the town of Ruviano birth of Stefano Marcuccio son of Antonio Marcuccio age 48 farmer (son of deceased Diodato Marcuccio) and Giovanna Lostritto (daughter of deceased Giuseppeantonio Lostritto)

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349518802

Marty

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Palma Palladino
Index#34
1870 Mar 4th in the town of Caiazzo in a house in strada Santa Lucia birth of Palma Palladino daughter of Gaetano Palladino age 30 farmer son of Giuseppe Palladino and Maria Rosa Giannelli age 24 farmer daughter of Andrea Giannelli

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349503602

Marty

Marty
LJMarcucio

Post by LJMarcucio »

Marty thank you for the info. This is awesome. Now I feel I have a direction.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Found it!!
Death record of Antonio Marcuccio
Index#12
1879 July 9th in the town of Ruviano in a house on via Caiagni #176 the death of Antonio Marcuccio age 55 farmer born and resides in in Ruviano husband of Giovanna Lostritto son of deceased Diodato Marcuccio and Mariarosa Insero

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... ,349518802

Marty

Marty
LJMarcucio

Post by LJMarcucio »

This is amazing!! Thank you so much for all this information. I now know my great-great-great grandparents names.
justinfrombklyn
Veteran
Veteran

Post by justinfrombklyn »

hi ljmarcucio i am a relative to you on the palladino side. please contact me i have done extensive research on the family in caiazzo. i live in north haven,ct

i sent you my phone number in a private message on here.

give me a call when you get this

thanks

justin salvadore
justin.salvadore@gmail.com
Justin