NEED TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN COMMUNIQUE JUST RECEIVED

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rhranchaz

NEED TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN COMMUNIQUE JUST RECEIVED

Post by rhranchaz »

JUST REC'D THE FOLLOWING EMAIL FROM ITALY REGARDING INQUIRY OF MILITARY SERVICE RECORD (PHILIPPO CAFFARELLA). CAN ANYONE TRANSLATE INTO ENGLISH FOR ME PLEASE?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Prot. n. 2801/IX.5.2(105)

Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta si comunica che la provincia di Messina è composta da 108 Comuni, e che i registri di leva
conservati presso questo Archivio di Stato, sono in pessime condizioni, lacunosi e privi di indice alfabetico, mentre i ruoli
matricolari iniziano dall'anno 1874 fino al 1904.
Effettuata la ricerca nei registri di leva di Messina città dell'anno anni 1848 non risulta il nominativo da Lei richiesto.
Per poter effettuare una ricerca più approfondita la S.V. deve comunicarci la data ed il Comune di nascita esatto.
Cordiali saluti

Il Direttore: F.to Alfio Seminara
raymo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NEED TRANSLATION OF ITALIAN COMMUNIQUE JUST RECEIVED

Post by raymo »

Con riferimento alla Sua richiesta si comunica che la provincia di Messina è composta da 108 Comuni, e che i registri di leva
conservati presso questo Archivio di Stato, sono in pessime condizioni, lacunosi e privi di indice alfabetico, mentre i ruoli
matricolari iniziano dall'anno 1874 fino al 1904.
Effettuata la ricerca nei registri di leva di Messina città dell'anno anni 1848 non risulta il nominativo da Lei richiesto.
Per poter effettuare una ricerca più approfondita la S.V. deve comunicarci la data ed il Comune di nascita esatto.
Cordiali saluti

Il Direttore: F.to Alfio Seminara

Hope this helps as a first pass, I'm sure that others will help better edit my translation..

"With reference to your request, this is to inform you that the the Province of Messina is comprised of 108 towns, and that the printed draft registries here at the State Archives, are in very bad shape, with a great many gaps & lacking an alphabetical index, while the rosters begin in 1874, until 1904.

Having completed the investigation for your request into the draft registries for the city of Messina, from 1848, we do not find the name you have requested.

In order for us to carry out a more in-depth investigation, you would need to communicate to us the date & the exact town-name of birth."

Cordially,
The Director, F. Alfio Seminara